Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:08:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosOFFER: Pixel Art
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: OFFER: Pixel Art  (Read 3270 times)
mediochre
« on: August 30, 2010, 12:26:27 PM »

Pixel artists with many years of experience in the arts.
Though a very small collection of noteworthy sprites : P

Rates are based on per sprite are subject to change.

1x1 - 30x30 sprites = $0.25
31x31 - 50x50 = $0.50
51x51 - 80x80 = $0.75
81x81 - 100x100 = $1.00

Monetary transactions can come directly through paypal, watermarked sprites will be received before deciding to pay for unwatermarked images.

Contract work can be arranged, for large projects.
A weekly qouta of sprites in exchange for pay.

---------------------------------------

That said... I feel like the Scrooge.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 04:23:55 AM by mediochre » Logged
KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 05:01:17 PM »

No offense, but good luck finding any takers.

Why? Well first off you've let us know your financial situation as being poor. So that means either you're bad at managing money or your work is not making you enough money. If your art is not presenting you with enough money, then that means there may be something wrong with your work (quality, timeliness, consistency, etc). It also could be that you're just at bad at marketing yourself, hence the first parts of this post.

That was meant to be harsh by the way.

Offer yourself by your good points and don't make yourself into a charity case. Market yourself better and you should get some takers.

Also offering up more examples of your work would help.

Go ahead and flame me if you feel like it. Just trying to help.

Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 05:20:22 PM »

So that means either you're bad at managing money or your work is not making you enough money.
I completely disagree.  It'd be hard to blindly label anyone having problems during this global economic recession as someone who sucks at what they do or sucks at handling money.

KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 07:32:54 PM »

It is a social myth that you can't make it as an entrepreneur during a recession, even globally. In fact, with enough ingenuity, it may be better to start a business during a recession as the competition is not so fierce. The start up costs for an internet based business are abysmally low compared to a brick and mortar store with products also.

Also a person may not suck at what they do but still not find any monetizing value in what they do. Take Vincent van Gogh for example. Brilliant artist that was pretty much unknown until after he was dead.If he was better at presenting/marketing himself as a person he may have found more fame during his living years. So you could still be an absolutely brilliant artist and still not receive the fame you deserve.

On the other side of the coin is the person who has the money, but doesn't know how to manage it. Let's look at MC Hammer. He had all the money he needed to probably live out the rest of his life, but poor money management led him to be $13 million in debt. And giving money to people who are 'using' you can be seen as a form of poor money management.

Or the product could just be bad. But you can also market a product that is terrible and make lots of money off it. Ashley Simpson, Paris Hilton, William Hung?

But bad art marketed badly will just do that, badly. So in the eyes of the consumer who is accustomed to seeing warning signs on a conscious and unconscious level, a certain way of marketing can be taken as a warning. Hence, if he portrays that he is poor, then he must be poor for some reason. What is that reason? If a person portrays themselves as successful, then they must be doing something right in the eyes of the consumer.

Who would the consumer rather pick. The successful or the unsuccessful? Usually the successful. Which is why he should portray himself in a positive form so that he promotes confidence in his work to the consumer.

Just saying.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 07:40:18 PM »

he didn't say you can't make money during a recession, just that you shouldn't so easily label anyone who is poor as someone who can't make money, especially during a recession

anyway, let's not divert the topic into something else

mediochre, your pixel art is pretty good but i already have a few pixel artists for my project and don't really need another one, so sorry i can't help. but i agree that you should be more specific about what you've done (a larger portfolio of images) and more specific about rates you're willing to work for etc. etc.

KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 08:03:32 PM »

Okay, I apologize for the rash comments. I just feel that sometimes a strong opinion can be enough of a motivating force to help people attempt to be more accomplished or professional in their work.

mediochre
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 09:56:30 PM »

duly noted my friends, I'll be sure to sell myself off better like a piece of irresistable christmas ham.
KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 07:03:39 AM »

duly noted my friends, I'll be sure to sell myself off better like a piece of irresistable christmas ham.

Damn you and your hammy goodness. I'm sitting here, hungry, with no ham in sight. Sad

Well played... well played.  Gentleman

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 07:41:40 AM »

If you want to attract potential contractors, the first thing you'll need is a portfolio that shows your range of work. All I see now is one little piece of artwork. You have to show way more. Also, indicate what kind of range of work you are looking for. What are you strenghts? What are you best at? Put these info upfront and it'll help getting some attention.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 09:01:46 AM »

Yeah portofolio.
OP's avatar looks very nice, the pic in the post much less so.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
mediochre
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 03:52:34 AM »

So now the young man has to become professional... Cool
Portfolio in progress, if life doesn't get to him first.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 04:13:29 AM by mediochre » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic