Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:11:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBat Country [trailer added]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Bat Country [trailer added]  (Read 17858 times)
Dozer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2010, 11:28:15 AM »

I would like to play it but just saying it's at FGL isn't exactly helpful :/

http://www.flashgamelicense.com/

Merry Christmas
Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2010, 07:50:08 PM »

You need an FGL account, and a game uploaded+sold to play there. So i assumed anyone who had that would know the FGL acronym.. and anyone who wasnt able to play it, wouldnt!

Greg Game Man
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2010, 04:05:53 PM »

PLAY IT HERE
http://batcountrygame.com/

MY BLOG HERE
http://greg-anims.com

THANKS

RotateMe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2010, 05:07:05 AM »

It's really really amazing! Just trying level 2 for the third time and I must say the atmosphere is great! Will say more after I get a little further!

Edit: Made it through level 2, awesome ending, got me a heart attack!

Edit2: Right now stuck on level 3, I think it might be a bit too long but that's okay. Awesome music choice for this level, especially the timing of song and level.
Overall: the explosions suck, as a suggestion, look at the explosions in Spelunky, with burning balls that themselves generate balls of smoke, adapt it to your black/white style, I think it would look awesome and add a lot of fun in killing those bat bitches. The points and sounds appearing when killing are very nice and make you want to combo their asses, nice! The special things in each level are great! The lightning bolts in level 2 looked cheap at first but then I saw how it worked. Well before writing a book I should finish the game and then come back. All in all, GREAT WORK!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 05:23:12 AM by RotateMe » Logged
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2010, 06:33:48 AM »

Dang.  Is there a a short period of time after dropping a bomb when you can't set it off?  It seemed like I couldn't get the bombs to explode at the right time after they were past a certain point in the sharks mouth.

It might have just been me FRANTICALLY PRESSING SPACEBAR TOO FAST though.

Fuckin' shark.
Absurdist
Level 0

Waiting for VBLANK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2010, 09:16:57 AM »

Awesome game - is the music on level 1 Dancing Mad from FFVI?
lasttea999
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2010, 12:16:09 PM »

Great sprites, very vivid atmosphere. Thank you for your efforts! Couldn't beat the shark... Sad

broadcastbrian2
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2010, 12:51:25 PM »

I really enjoyed the description of the mission objective. It was quite funny. The transitions between stages where you told us the name of the stage I liked.

You may want to tell players in the opening tutorial that you can break objects with your bombs. In the second stage I ran into two posts before I figured about I could break them with my bomb. I went through that stage again and saw that the main character does tell the player to do so in the text box. However, the first time I was busy shooting bats so I did not read the text box.

Level Three is interesting because of the light source that changes the view of the game play. It made the game more enjoyable and broke the monotony of just shooting by navigating the weird digestive tract.

Level Four I have not beaten.

The game overall is great I think. I would suggest adding the break objects with bombs to the tutorial. I would also add power ups to the game. It would make it more fun while adding another layer of game play by allowing players to hunt  for the power ups. Also the points that the player accrues might be used for something else other then just scoreboards. Maybe use the points like power ups. Either way it is a great game with great aesthetic and very fun.
Greg Game Man
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2010, 12:58:07 PM »

thanks for the constructive comments guys! SO much more encouraging than the current rep its getting over on armorgames, thanks!

update:
-tweaked the difficulty making it easier

deathtotheweird
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2010, 07:08:16 PM »

cool game. but I have to say...one of my pet peeves is unskippable tutorials
diki
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2010, 10:34:32 PM »

quite fun & atmospheric! the music and graphics fit very well. level 2 and 3 felt a tiny bit drawn out (the radio chat about how the shark just won't give up appears at about the same time that i thought this to myself ;)), but that's almost nitpicking. thanks for the experience!
Doktor_Q
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2010, 07:51:53 AM »

Stage three is incredibly hard. Very nice atmosphere, though.
goshki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2010, 02:24:11 AM »

The game is really, really good! Great work and fresh ideas. Hand Thumbs Up Right And the way you build up tension is really nice. Smiley

I have one question though. On the second level is there any time limit? Or if I just kept the shark back and forth with bombs, would it last forever?

Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2010, 07:56:01 AM »

Fun game.  I really like the atmosphere.  The radio chatter is a lot of fun and did a good job of adding a narrative in an unobtrusive manner.
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2010, 10:54:03 PM »

ughhhhh fuck this game. it is so fun and cool but its torture at the same time. well, at least i got through it. with a C, but through nonetheless. nice work.

Lo
andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2011, 02:30:11 PM »

lovely game, greg

I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2011, 09:15:56 AM »

Yo this game is fuckin sick!
namre
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2011, 09:29:11 AM »

Loved it! I was skeptical of the bomb slinging mechanic at first but once I got the hang of it, I was using it all the time. Lol.

Nice game!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic