Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 05:40:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam 3: What are you planning on doing?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam 3: What are you planning on doing?  (Read 5513 times)
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: September 04, 2010, 04:05:25 PM »

What are you guys planning on doing at TIGJam 3?

I'd like to try and finish a whole game in that time. I've never done that before. Previously, I worked on Spelunky PC and prototyped a simple strategy game (I should look at that proto again, actually).

I'd also be interested in showing off Spelunky XBLA and getting some feedback on it. Smiley

Looking forward to a SSF4 tourney, too!
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 06:34:26 PM »

I might either work on my game or try and make a whole new game. Either way I'm hoping that being around so many other people making things will rub off some of their productivity on me so I can Get Shit Done(tm).

Impossible
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 11:48:18 AM »

Something new and Epic.  Either that or finish up Dr. Land or a smaller game Smiley.

Currently I'm leaning toward either a procedurally generated FPS game or a game where everything is made out of particles.  Kind of

meets Sand game meets MinecraftSmash Bros.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 04:15:22 PM by Impossible » Logged
jethrolarson
Level 0

@jethrolarson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 03:30:02 PM »

I was hoping to come to the jam and just help whoever needs it. Is that acceptable? I haven't been to one of these so I'm not sure what it's like.

John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 03:36:28 PM »

That was my plan last time, as I like doing collaborations. I did manage to help a couple people, but I think it would have worked better if I had a better project of my own to fall back on. But if anyone else wants to do a GGJ-style collaborative jam this time I'd participate for sure.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 02:44:50 PM by John Nesky » Logged
jethrolarson
Level 0

@jethrolarson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 05:09:49 PM »

I have 4 projects I'm currently "working" on but I'm still haven't shipped anything cool yet. I'm hoping to learn how y'all get shit done.

Name: Jethro Larson
Profession: Web Designer, Developer
Education: Incomplete B.S. in Applied Computer Graphics (Communication design + CompSci + Art)
Languages: JS, python, C#, Ruby

RandyO
Level 0

I should laugh out loud more.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 11:00:00 PM »

I got a little Unity project that I'd like to work on.  it's a serious game that I've toyed around with in some spare moments, but mostly I just want to actually do some scripting, since all my professional work has been art lately, and I itch to make some actual gameplay.

also I would like all of your opinions on a little $1 iphone game a friend and I are making.

mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 02:32:09 PM »

I'm looking forward to collaborating with whoever is interested, I always enjoy throwing together some unexpected pixel art.

I've also got a few flash games I've been working on that will likely get some attention if I can't find anything else to do.

Eager for some SS4 as well, I've been trying to wean myself of my embarrassing keyboard dependence though. I only own it for the PC and my gamepad sucks, so I've become surprisingly proficient at keyboard mashing to victory (don't tell anyone though, if someone asks, I only use an arcade stick like all the cool kids).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 02:43:07 PM by mrfredman » Logged
DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 02:44:55 PM »

I'm probably going to use the time to flesh out my HTML5 platformer.  That'd be fun... but then again I'm not really a coder, so that may just end up being a waste of time.  ah well

progrium
Level 2

Swords will fucking cut you wide open!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 08:32:58 PM »

Hopefully I'll have a working version of my action/arcade RTS, so I might be polishing that with feedback. Otherwise, if I can get my low latency Flash network engine done beforehand, I have pretty cool idea I'd like to prototype with Flixel or Flashpunk. IT'S A MULTIPLAYER GAME THAT INVOLVES BOMBS AND TIME TRAVEL.

Jeff Lindsay
progrium.com
Chris Bell
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 11:35:40 PM »

Me and my 5 coco&co teammates from CMU ETC will be continuing to work on our semester game project.

We're building an online 2-player puzzle platformer where one player is the eyes (or ears) for the other, and vice versa, and players must communicate information to each other without text or speech to proceed through the world. Players are always paired with a stranger. The idea is to get players from different cultures around the world communicating with, relying on, and appreciating each other...and to encourage seemingly unlikely friendships.

Think Journey meets Dyadin.

It's my first time at TIGJam, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what you all make. I'm also totally down to pump some art assets out or give design critique for anyone who needs. I'm sure we'll be looking for the same.

Beer!
C
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 10:17:38 PM »

I have a new project I'm banging on which I'll probably bring along to work on, although I wouldn't mind collaborating with someone on something else if the occasion arises. I'm also hoping to find other Game Maker enthusiasts to maybe pick their brains and learn some new tricks, and just hang out, meet local and not-so-local folks, and absorb vast amounts of awesome by osmosis.  Well, hello there!

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 05:59:09 PM »

Hopefully I will have finished Captain McCallery Ep. 2 by then, so I will probably be working on the foundation for Episode 3 (Basically, some changes to the existing foundation, along with some sort of separate level editor to speed up content creation and allow for people to make mods of some sort for the game).

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 12:42:36 PM »

Just got approval from work to go - HOORAY.
Working on a timing based action/platformer for iPhone, inspired by Neko Tower.

destiny is truth pre-op
dongle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 12:33:45 PM »

Would like to conceive and prototype a game with someone new.

RichVreeland
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 02:51:11 AM »

Partake in a totally awesome MADHOUSE TOURNAMENT.  Well, hello there!
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 05:46:01 PM »

Madhouse tournament was pretty effing awesome.

You could say...  Cool... that it was a madhouse in here... last night.

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 05:49:04 PM »

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

hryx
Level 0

bleached fife

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 01:05:33 AM »

Madhouse is the most pumpkinninny tournament game ever. Play for z glory. Play for z money. Play for z laydees. Play for z twitters about you.
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 02:58:55 PM »

I'm so so so happy you guys all enjoyed Madhouse. That seriously made my life complete. Now I can die with no regrets  Noir

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic