Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:55:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLone Survivor
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Print
Author Topic: Lone Survivor  (Read 49892 times)
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: July 12, 2012, 12:19:21 PM »

Hey there, I haven't written in this thread for a while, and it feels nice.

That Lone Survivor game what I made is on sale today for 35% off for the next 10 days, or with Cave Story+ / EDGE and two more games for $10 for today only on Steam Sale.  Just thought I'd let you know in case you'd been planning to pick it up.  Cheers.

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 13, 2012, 09:24:42 AM »

Hey there, I haven't written in this thread for a while, and it feels nice.

That Lone Survivor game what I made is on sale today for 35% off for the next 10 days, or with Cave Story+ / EDGE and two more games for $10 for today only on Steam Sale.  Just thought I'd let you know in case you'd been planning to pick it up.  Cheers.

Hey Jasper, is Lone Survivor originally a .swf and if so, how did you wrap it for Steam?

play hydlide 2
Mofko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: July 22, 2012, 12:44:09 AM »

Really nice screenies, good luck with it.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2012, 11:52:27 AM »

Hi seagaia, it is an Air build, so not a pure swf, it uses file system stuff and so on. On Linux it is a flash projector though... Wrapping it for Steam is just a case of using their in-house tools, which I think have changed recently - hopefully so 'cos they wre really arcane / hard for a non-hardcore coder like me, when I used them!

Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2012, 01:10:05 PM »

Got that bundle, haven't played it yet, but I probably will soon.  Only played Cave Story and Edge so far.

Oskuro
Level 3

Coding in Style

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: August 26, 2012, 12:49:51 PM »

I got it as part of a Humble Indie Bundle... and I first realized it was your doing, Jasper, when I saw some old mockups of yours on the mockup thread and though "Gee, that lighting system seems familiar..." then noticed the link in your sig. Grin

Congratulations on a great game!

Only regret I have is that there are too many keys for me to use my NES replica gamepad Tongue

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: August 26, 2012, 01:55:43 PM »

Cheers dude!  So glad you enjoyed it...  I also use a replica Famicom pad, but with shoulder buttons, X+Y ones etc.  Just enough to get all of them on there!

<3

Oskuro
Level 3

Coding in Style

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: August 27, 2012, 01:19:32 AM »

Did you design the game around your gamepad? Or was it an afterthought?

I ask mainly because I got my NES pad specifically to force myself to design for it.

Also, since I finally have an excuse to brag about it:

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2012, 03:57:36 AM »

I definitely designed it around the keys, because that's what most people will use, but I always try to keep things to a minimum - of course this game's got quite a few modes of input, being an action-adventure kinda thing, so it was a struggle...

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: July 19, 2013, 04:51:22 AM »

somehow I've been working on this for another year.

i really must finish it one of these days (that day is supposed to be today)

(see blog below!)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic