Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411487 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:25:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLone Survivor
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Lone Survivor  (Read 49891 times)
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2011, 12:48:23 PM »

Some nice ideas here, I'll see what I can use.  I'm experimenting with a lot of different things at the moment, and I'm on the way to having all the main mechanics all pieced together.  It's become a lot less linear, and longer because of certain changes to the gameplay.  There's much more of a daily routine to it, which I'm hoping helps get the player deeper into his head, because they can sort of choose how to do this routine...

Anyway, once the old content is updated to include the new mechanics and balancing, I'll be finally onto the last section content wise.  Actually feels like I could be over the hardest design issues now...

From there, lots of testing, and adding lots of silly extra things, whatever I can fit in before my money runs out!  

Really excited about the project again, I think I can see a point where it all comes together finally.  It's a very different game to how it was a month ago.  

oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2011, 01:42:20 PM »

That screenshot reminds me of Twin Peaks.  It's the chairs and the curtains.  Oh, Twin Peaks.
Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2011, 02:17:08 PM »

What can I say: it looks beyond sweet, it is an interesting take on the zombie apocalypse theme, and the story seems well thought out. I can't think of anything negative to say. Is there a beta or anything that can be tested?

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2011, 08:21:14 AM »

This is what happens when you're not very well.

Getting tired...  Crunching on IGF build...

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2011, 02:36:01 PM »

Still crunchin'.

The new 'Widescreen Mode.'

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2011, 03:14:06 PM »

Just saw this, and it looks amazingly awesome! Can't wait to play. Smiley

FranticPandaKev
Level 1

I wants to Give you SounD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2011, 01:24:45 AM »

This looks like a fantastic project, love the silent hill feel. Cant wait to see how this pans out :D

Twitter: FranticPandaKev
necromian
Level 2

ʘ_ʘ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2011, 09:42:56 AM »

I can't help but see a super wide smile on the character's face in all his screenshots.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2011, 02:06:33 PM »

I get that a lot!

Just finished the new GUI - think it looks a bit cleaner, especially on a widescreen setup:

Have also added a couple of panic attacks which force the player to learn how to get un-stuck when they get stuck, which I think has really helped.

AaronLee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2011, 08:01:17 PM »

Definitely interested in seeing how this pans out. The art style is detailed yet coarse enough to only convey the salient visual details. Loving it so far, keep it up!

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2011, 03:36:30 AM »

There's something wrong with this picture...

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2011, 03:56:22 AM »

Finally added muzzle flash which lights up a dark room and glows, it's really made a difference!  (Better in motion, but here is a shot ... that was tricky to get!)

Also spent a good while reworking the combat, improving hitboxes, frame timings, invulnerability rules and so on.  It's much more fun, and much harder-but-fairer.  Maybe I've been re-inspired by DARK SOULS.

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2011, 08:52:46 AM »

Sorry for spamming the log, but this is an official request for two or three testers of the IGF build which I've finished today.  I may still make small tweaks depending on any feedback you give, so it's a chance to help shape the game, and my chances in the compo!

I would ask that you keep the build totally secret, and we communicate by PM.  It'll probably help if I know you in some way too.  As this is my baby, and I've been working on it two years, I'm a bit over-protective!

Anyway, if you'd be interested in giving some feedback about bugs, difficulties and confusions, or even to say what's working and there should be more of, just hit me up by PM, or by email at <my first name in lower case> at superflatgames.com.

The deadline's next weekend so it would have to be in the next couple of days...

Thanks in advance!  Hand Thumbs Up Right

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2011, 03:43:48 AM »

Just to say: thanks, I have three testers now, so I'll have plenty of feedback to be getting on with.  There will be plenty more testing sessions in the coming months, so I'll let you know when I'm after any more.  It's probably a game that's better un-spoilt anyway, as it's so story-focussed.  For the rest of the week I'm gonna fix any remaining bugs I get from feedback, and work on a new trailer...  Will post ITT when it's done.  Then it's time to submit my first ever IGF entry... wish me luck!

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2011, 09:57:30 PM »

You guys are in for an incredible, incredible treat.  I can tell you that much.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2011, 06:57:17 AM »

New trailer is here!

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2011, 09:03:22 PM »

Aw yeh, time to much some pills while killing things!

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2011, 03:20:46 AM »

I got the game into the IGF on time!  Yay!  Beer!

FranticPandaKev
Level 1

I wants to Give you SounD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2011, 05:38:01 AM »

Awsum nice dude :D

Twitter: FranticPandaKev
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2011, 02:14:56 PM »

Work continues apace after IGF entry...

Spent a good while working on food-crafting elements, and a new area, character and stealth mechanic which is really exciting, I think anyway!  Here's a clue:

There are also a few new puzzles related to the items needed for food.  I think there are around 70 items in the game now, with around another 20-30 planned.

Already have 83 locations, around 120 sprite types, 1000's of lines of dialogue.  When will it end!?

I guess looking ahead, for the rest of this month, I'll be finishing up the sidequest aspects, which I'll have to try and keep secret or it'll be no fun, and adding coffee-crafting.  Then onto the final areas for Nov & Dec, with a new enemy planned.  Then it's content complete!

That just leaves a long period of testing, balancing, and getting the endings right...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic