Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:28:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLone Survivor
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Lone Survivor  (Read 49893 times)
moonmagic
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2011, 08:44:24 PM »

It's exciting to see you gather energy to add (what seems to me) a lot of content. This is looking great! Can't wait to make some coffee.

|
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2011, 11:31:50 PM »

Thanks man! It is exhausting working on the same areas for months on end, so part of the reason I've put so much new stuff in is to keep it interesting to make!

Very tired today, a 16 hour session yesterday. Made real coffee, now it's time to add game coffees.

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2011, 06:01:04 AM »

Another short update:

- Finished the coffee-crafting sidequests, kettle and espresso maker objects, coffee dialogue.
- Rebalanced the food in the game.
- Added more dialogue for the new character.
- Added a way to trade your ammo in for an alternative item.
- Added a water sidequest.
- Spent a fair while rebalancing the effects on mental health of all the actions in the game.
- Made more scenes / dialogue dependent on mental health.

Have sent the new build round to friends and previous testers, and uploaded to IGF.  I'm now starting work on the city area, which is great fun!  There are still a couple more sidequests I want to do, but I think I'll get to them once I have more content.  

One more enemy and two levels to go.  Hoping to have the content done by NYE.  Non-stop crunch continues until then!  For now, here's a rough mockup (not in-game) of how it may look:

Eldboll
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2011, 05:04:37 PM »

I've said this before, but this is so dope. Great seeing you put the hours in the get it done, can't wait to play it!

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2011, 05:29:54 AM »

Having so much fun making outdoor environments!

Putting new areas together in the editor (the sprites are unlit in this mode which is why they look weird!)

In-game (the neon-flickers, of course!)

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2011, 02:31:26 AM »

Short progress update.  Completed the location inside the building pictured above.  I have some really nice easter eggs in there... It's an arcade, so there are cabinets.  A friend of mine has kindly offered to do animated attract screens for them, but for now here's a sneak peak:

Dugan
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2011, 02:37:54 AM »

nice cab! will they be playable?

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2011, 02:43:04 AM »

If I had Yu Suzuki's budget... Sad

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2011, 06:30:47 AM »

I love the way that the pictures remind me of cross stitched cloth or other type of embroidery. for that alone, I'll buy.

Yeah.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »

Cheers man.  I find it's more interesting in motion, as all the pixels dance, flicker and sparkle, and the various effects vary according to your condition.

The videos / screenshots never really pick that up, unfortunately!

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2011, 03:01:48 AM »

The city area is finally making headway.  Here is my SSS, a deserted building you wake up in after one of your 'episodes':

oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2011, 07:22:20 AM »

I wanna have an episode AND eat all the pills!

This is gonna be way cooler than GTA V.
RCIX
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2011, 10:52:17 AM »

The pixel effects just blow the socks off anything I've seen (or tried to make). Kudos! Coffee
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2011, 06:24:42 AM »

RCIX:  Shocked I hope it lives up to your expectations!

oyog: Cheers man.  I think somewhere earlier in this devlog I detailed some of the things I'm doing to achieve them.  You'd have to trawl back through it, though!

I've updated my blog with new informations about the game.  I'm going to try and make the updates more frequent until it's done, as a way of maintaining momentum through this permanent crunch....  I don't think I can ever afford to make a game this big again, but I figure since I am, I might as well go all out!

Here is an obligatory screenshot:

Making a lot of progress through the city world, building up to the end set pieces now...

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2011, 11:25:36 AM »

City almost done, I hope I never have to work this hard on anything again!  But I am really excited about it... Few days more and I'll be onto the final world... still on shedule for having it finished by NYE for beta early next year.

So excited to get it out there now, two and a half years is a long time... In fact some of the work goes back six years... I almost don't know what life is gonna be like without development of LS!

There's all kinds of cool new stuff in there, respawning areas, new characters, trading, more hallicinations, more stealth puzzles, random food drops, new sidequests, boss fights, more cooking and food crafting, the Gamejoy.  Really excited to show you all when it's finally done!

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2011, 01:26:47 PM »

My screenshot saturday, one of the city interiors you can explore...

Also note I now have text colours!  When you pick up an item, it's in green and so on.  Very nearly there with the city, before I share it with my friends who are helping test, it's been quite a while since anyone's seen it.  Quite nervous to see what people think!

octacon100
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2011, 12:46:13 PM »

Hope this comes out soon, I remember seeing this on Rock Paper Shotgun and can't wait to try it out!

This year is going to be the year I get a game finished! Athena Hope! <a href="http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=25163.0/>
Durruti
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2011, 06:19:24 PM »

I'm pretty excited about this concept and looking forward to a public beta coming out sometime. I hope development is still happening despite the lack of updates for this month.
Taugeshtu
Level 2

Semi-dormant.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2011, 12:32:10 AM »

I should try to find at these 7 pages some info about your graphics technique, I quite like that effect "pixels with holes" around main character, if it was mentioned, sure Smiley
Cheers!

We LOVE you. We MADE you.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2011, 02:41:41 AM »

Thanks for the encouragements, everyone.  I had to take a month out due to illness and stress (was pushing it too hard for too long, I think!)

Right now I'm taking it easy until NYE, then it's back for the final crunch which may only take a month / six weeks or so.  I am up to the endings now, and once they're in, it's polish and beta testing.  I'll try to keep this thread and my blog updated as I do it.

Really looking forward to sharing it finally... It's been a long, long journey from late 2009 when I first drew a mockup!  It's even partly based on a game I abandoned called Amnesia (before Frictional Games' game) which I started in about '04.  I'll be glad when it's out, that's for sure.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic