Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 03:58:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingJables's Adventure
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Jables's Adventure  (Read 9137 times)
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: September 07, 2010, 04:06:33 PM »

I just finished my game Jables's Adventure!

About:
Jables’s Adventure is a small platform adventure game that I started in 2009. The game has about 30-60 minutes of gameplay, but the humor is top-notch.

The game stars a young boy named Jables. One day an odd squid appears on his head an claims he is the hero. He decides to go with it and start his adventure. An adventure filled with weird characters, useless advice, and magically healing fruit.

Screenshots:

Download:
Version 1.0

pgil
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 04:17:06 PM »

Holy shit!

edit: So I'm stuck. Defeated the lumberjack and he just stops moving. The stone walls on the side don't open up. Bug?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 04:50:42 PM by pgil » Logged
RichMakeGame!
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 05:59:19 PM »

loved it so far, but I got the same bug and I'm stuck Sad

Bootleg TurboDrive
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=30133
testers welcome: will do playtest swap if you need yours tested, PM
www.richmakegame.com
iffi
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 06:38:10 PM »

I remember first seeing this on PixelProspector. Looks very nice, I'll give it a try as soon as I find the time.
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 11:03:09 PM »

It's fantastic! I love this graphics style, musics and the genre... It looks like an old coin-op... Compliments!

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 11:19:11 PM »

Pretty nice so far (although I haven't gotten that far in it yet).  But I think that main music that plays in the above-ground areas is going to be stuck in my head forever. 

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 08:28:50 AM »

Congratulations on finishing!  The game is hilarious and really fun! Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 11:56:04 AM »

Alright guys, version 1.1 is up!

I fixed the horrible lumberjack bug, and a few other things.
You can use the same save as version 1.0 just take the .sav and put it with 1.1

Eraser
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 11:59:56 AM »

Your site loads, but strangely the download never starts for me when I click on the link  Tired
deathtotheweird
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 12:08:33 PM »

Same problem as MindEraser.

In 1.0 I got up to the lumberjack but that's as far as I got. Very cool game so far  Hand Clap
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 03:10:49 PM »

Dunno why the file isn't downloading for people.
While I figure it out I'm hosting with dropbox.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3149882/Jables_s_Adventure_V1_1.zip

Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 03:22:46 PM »

Them some sexy pixels. When I get off work I'll get in some alone time with it.

Eraser
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 09:18:52 PM »

Well that download link worked. Game was overall pretty solid. Graphics and sfx/music were delicious, but the game seemed a bit sparse. It just seemed kind of empty and repetitive, and it was a bit short. The humor and simplistic controls were what kept me playing, mostly.
HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 09:25:46 PM »

The game stood on its dialogue and graphics. I would suggest smaller levels or a faster pace for your next full length game. I know this was your first game but Cat Poke was really really polished compared to this. This really just means I'm anticipating your next release even more. The major flaw wasn't really the level design as it was the performance, but I liked it overall. And props to the musician.

I love the bears. I want to know about their plights.

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
Zaphos
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 10:12:25 PM »

Just finished it -- great work! Smiley

I love the humor and characters.  Some of the levels did feel a bit huge and aimless... especially the more 'overworld-y' first grassy open areas with enemies.  The later stuff felt better designed; by the last area it felt decenly paced.  (Although, one comment about the flow of that area -- you probably want to design it so I'm more likely to see the bear *before* the cactus, instead of after!)  Could have used more checkpoints in the area right after jetpack.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 10:30:54 PM »

I loved every moment of this game.

hi
RichMakeGame!
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 02:50:18 AM »

great work!

agree about more jetpack checkpoints, first couple gos I was like 'this is fun' but after the 6th,7th, 8th death I was cursing a bit under my breath 'just put in one ($%^$% checkpoint in the middle' Tongue

I didn't figure out what the painting squid was about, i guess I missed something.. I did see the cloud goat though :D

Bootleg TurboDrive
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=30133
testers welcome: will do playtest swap if you need yours tested, PM
www.richmakegame.com
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 10:07:05 AM »

I love the humor and characters.  Some of the levels did feel a bit huge and aimless... especially the more 'overworld-y' first grassy open areas with enemies.  The later stuff felt better designed; by the last area it felt decenly paced.  (Although, one comment about the flow of that area -- you probably want to design it so I'm more likely to see the bear *before* the cactus, instead of after!)  Could have used more checkpoints in the area right after jetpack.

I did try to design it so you see the bear first. The right door is on the top, so I thought people would go straight across and not down.

Also In the next build I'll add a check point in the middle of the spike challenge.

Anybody find all the fruit yet?

Eraser
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 10:16:02 AM »

I did try to design it so you see the bear first. The right door is on the top, so I thought people would go straight across and not down.

Also In the next build I'll add a check point in the middle of the spike challenge.

Anybody find all the fruit yet?
I collected 4 fruits I think. How many are there? I know I somehow completely missed one area, so that's probably a fruit I missed.

There being no check point in the middle of the spike maze was hilariously cruel. Still, I didn't find it extremely tough to navigate.

I had fun with the boss. Easy enough to beat I suppose, he was fairly predictable. (as most of your AI is)
HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 10:20:40 AM »

I got 19 HP. What's the max?

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: