Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:46:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallGratuitous Price Experiment
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Gratuitous Price Experiment  (Read 1460 times)
cliffski
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 13, 2010, 12:42:09 AM »

Ok, there is a new race available for my game 'Gratuitous Space Battles' now, called 'The Nomads'
Screenshots:

Video:

Details page:
http://www.positech.co.uk/gratuitousspacebattles/nomads.html

I'm having a bit of a pricing experiment too. The new race is $5.99, just like the last ones were. However, there is the option to get it at a discounted rate, if you are in certain circumstances, which I'm letting people decide for themselves. There are more details on the buy page, together with stats to show who took the discount (not by name, just by percentage).
The details are here:
http://www.positech.co.uk/gratuitousspacebattles/registernomads.php

Hopefully people will find the outcome of the experiment interesting. I will, anyway :D

www.positech.co.uk Maker of Democracy Kudos and Gratuitous Space Battles for the PC. owner of showmethegames.com.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 02:19:45 PM »

interesting experiment for DLC, I guess. very few indies are doing DLC, which is a fact I am rather happy about.

the text kind of makes one feel guilty about not paying the full price though. it would have been much more interesting to see the results if you didn't include such a long text beforehand.

speaking totally hypothetically because I didn't buy the game, but if I didn't read the text I would feel less guilty about paying the discount price and probably would have weighed the decision on strictly how much I liked the game/felt how much the DLC would add to the experience.

very cool to see real-time stats too
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic