Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411494 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58434 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 02:48:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignFirst person Flash games
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: First person Flash games  (Read 2203 times)
Sorano
Level 6

Game Designer / Double Stallion Games

View Profile WWW
« on: September 14, 2010, 08:14:44 AM »

Would anyone know about good Flash games that uses first person perspective rather well? I am looking into it for some research about a potential project.
Captain_404
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 11:01:42 AM »

Off the top of my head...

Doom: http://www.kongregate.com/games/mike_id/doom-1

There's, uh, this.

And, used well or no, here is an experimental game I made: http://ian.janasnyder.com/feign_2.html

I wish I could provide more examples, but 3D generally isn't used much in flash. You might try look through the Away3D and Papervision forums though, as these are more or less the most-used 3d engines for flash.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 11:02:15 AM »

Gunny Bunny and its sequel Double Sight are pretty fun.
Sorano
Level 6

Game Designer / Double Stallion Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 12:03:40 PM »

Thank you. This is awesome.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 01:59:32 PM »

Do room escape games count as first person? It seems like a lot of games default to first person as a means of getting out of drawing an avatar/hero.
Bad Sector
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 02:32:19 PM »

My Rombo game is essentially a FPS game (i used a random link because my own server is down).

I also have Rombo Rush but it is still on FGL and i haven't got any bids. From the discussions i had with other devs it seems that Flash sponsors don't really like FPS games...

~bs~
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 09:55:11 PM »

And, used well or no, here is an experimental game I made: http://ian.janasnyder.com/feign_2.html

Awesome!
Atnas
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 05:56:03 PM »

Yeah, if that experimental game isn't one of the most effective usages of first person I've ever seen, I'll be darned.

7/9 and scared shitless ;_;

deathtotheweird
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 01:15:44 PM »

is it a coincidence that since this thread was made several sites have been featuring feign?

Glad to see it finally getting the attention it deserves  Beer!. Been tucked away deep in TGC for too long now.
Captain_404
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 07:40:13 PM »

Pretty sure timw found the link here, yeah. (btw thanks, tim!) Would anyone mind if I posted something in the announcements board if people want to talk about it there? I don't want to end up taking over this thread...

Maybe a mod could split it?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 07:55:20 PM by Captain_404 » Logged
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 01:13:20 AM »

AGJ's Viewpoints was rather interesting. You play the role of a passenger in a car a first person perspective, and what you choose to look at determines where the story goes.

Terry's Bababadalgharaghtakamm... is a short FPS based on Finnegan's Wake that is worth playing if only for a hilarious pun which I won't spoil.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 01:23:30 AM by Noyb » Logged

deathtotheweird
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 02:26:23 AM »

I found the Bababawhateverthefuck to be really difficult. Controls are not very accurate and the range on enemy attacks is way too long. Kinda wanna see what the fuss is about but it's too frustrating so I gave up.
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 09:12:47 PM »

Haha, thanks, Noyb; I was about to post Viewpoints, except with a question mark next to it, since I don't think it's really the sort of thing that the OP wanted.

I'm happy that Feign is getting some exposure, since, to be honest, it's one of the best games I've played lately.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic