Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 03:46:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeSource mapmaker wanted!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Source mapmaker wanted!  (Read 1595 times)
harveyjames
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2010, 11:23:19 AM »

Howdy, folks; 

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Harveyjames, a comic book artist. You can see examples of my work at http://www.harveyjamestm.com and at my livejournal, http://harveyjames.livejournal.com. You might remember I did artwork for Auntie Pixelante's MIGHTY JILL OFF a couple o' years back, too.

I'm looking for someone to make a Source engine map for a book I'm working on right now. What I want is not really complicated by the standards of Source maps- in fact, I was told it could be done in about 3 hours. Wow! I basically need it as a drawing aid- something I can take screenshots of from whatever angle I want, copy and paste into my pages and then draw over, inserting characters and objects by hand-drawing them. I see it as being a little bit like the working process for the popular manga GANTZ, except without the stupid.

I can't offer much in return- artists don't have much money, y'see- but you'll get a credit in an honest-to-goodness published comic book, which will look great on your CV- and if you really impress me there's every chance I'll want to work with you again when I do have some dough. If you think you're up to it, send me an email at [email protected], maybe with some screenshots of maps you've made, etc - or reply in a pm, whatever works for you.

By the way, the turnaround for this needs to be quick! So apply right away if you think you can help.

Thanks for reading!

HJ
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 03:45:19 PM »

Hey. I'm totally up for this; I've made several maps for TF2, so it shouldn't be too hard.

As an example, here's my newest map: http://playstuff.net/showthread.php/2666-cp_erector-aka-quot-Airblast-Heaven-quot

harveyjames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 03:52:34 PM »

Cool, man. Email me.
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 03:51:33 AM »

You made that map? Small world. WTF It's fairly popular on a server I play on.

Harvey, be aware of the copyright implications of doing this. Valve is pretty lenient about the community using their stuff, but I don't think it would be appropriate to publish a commercial comic with it.

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 05:03:32 AM »

Well, as long as you use custom textures it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm sure a few people have made money off of garrysmod comics like Concerned.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 01:37:45 PM »

he's going to draw over screenshots of the level, so he's not actually using the map directly in the comic.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic