Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

April 30, 2024, 09:20:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSpace Funeral (Complete Shortish RPG)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Space Funeral (Complete Shortish RPG)  (Read 22622 times)
thecatamites
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 05:48:57 AM »

If you mean via the raft you start at then yeah! Otherwise you should be able to leave it by the other end just fine, have you met the Wizard yet?

cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 11:49:26 AM »

This game is amazing. Thanks for making it!

I played it through in one sitting, having tons of fun with it. It's a really nice little world you've created here! And I really like the characters! And the graphics! And the music!

Absolutely great! Looking forward to your next game!
Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 04:26:47 PM »

Ooh, there's some high praise that makes this worthy of a front page topic that I'll continue to suggest but never put forth the effort of writing.
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 03:48:07 AM »

If you mean via the raft you start at then yeah! Otherwise you should be able to leave it by the other end just fine, have you met the Wizard yet?

I talked to the wizard, let him drink my blood once, then I couldn't go anywhere in that cave.

thecatamites
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 04:29:19 AM »

After he drinks your blood you should be able to leave by the bottom of the cave:

Unfortunately my map design leaves a lot to be desired! If that's not working then I don't know what the problem is but if you give me your level/items I can maybe upload a save file that starts in the next room.

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 01:03:53 PM »

I think it's just more confusing that the wizard says the next town is north, but you get there by going south on the map.

hi
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 12:37:34 AM »

Ooh, there's some high praise that makes this worthy of a front page topic that I'll continue to suggest but never put forth the effort of writing.

don't worry, i plan to include this game in the weekly report #3 (coming today or tomorrow)

jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 07:13:41 AM »

ah! I was trying to walk back up...

beat it, super great --> this is one of my favourite recent games, super job on the atmosphere and the just general being different

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 03:08:50 PM »

The King of Crime is what sold me into DL'ing this game. Hope it's as great as everyone claims.

EDIT: THIS IS AMAZING
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 02:37:17 AM by Sir Raptor » Logged
Ant
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2010, 02:44:30 AM »

This is pretty damn awesome! Loved the atmosphere and it's nice to play an RPG without any need for grinding.
googoogjoob
Level 3

The Walrus is me.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2010, 03:52:30 AM »

This is the best RPG Maker game ever.
Gazillion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2010, 04:57:38 PM »

I just played through this today and I thought it was amazing. I definitely got a Mother vibe from it which is great!

I've been working on and off a small RPG like this in the style of the Mother series and I'm always afraid that it'll come off as too similar or not similar enough. You seem to have just struck a perfect balance!

I loved that the battles were easy because as it was mentioned in previous posts I just wanted to explore the world and not have to do any grind. In fact it was amazing that once I was in Malice I wanted to buy the most expensive items at the shop and I managed to find an item to sell that let me avoid all the grinding. I was rewarded for exploring... so fantastic!

There are two things that did kind of throw me off. POSSIBLE SPOILERS: When you meet Dracula I felt the conversation about weed was unnecessary. I'm not against the use of weed or anything like that, but having it brought up out of no where like that kind of reminded me that I was playing a RPG Maker game. I had the same feeling with the final battle when the big bad yelled "motheeeeer fuckeeeer". Again, nothing wrong with vulgarity but it somehow didn't fit with the rest of the game, it was just a little bit jarring.

Anyways the game was fantastic and I'm recommending it to my RPG loving friends! Great job and I hope to see more stuff from you Smiley

ham and brie
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2010, 11:15:42 AM »

I thought it was fabulous.

I've been working on and off a small RPG like this in the style of the Mother series and I'm always afraid that it'll come off as too similar or not similar enough.
I would guess that even if you felt like you were doing something too close, other people would be less likely to see it that way. I wouldn't worry about it either way. More games with a Mother influence can't be a bad thing.
thecatamites
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2010, 12:44:00 PM »

There are two things that did kind of throw me off. POSSIBLE SPOILERS: When you meet Dracula I felt the conversation about weed was unnecessary. I'm not against the use of weed or anything like that, but having it brought up out of no where like that kind of reminded me that I was playing a RPG Maker game. I had the same feeling with the final battle when the big bad yelled "motheeeeer fuckeeeer". Again, nothing wrong with vulgarity but it somehow didn't fit with the rest of the game, it was just a little bit jarring.

Yeah I agree in retrospect! I don't actually care for weed particularly but I like the ridiculous subculture around it(Ultimate_420_Weedlornd or posters of smiling dogs smoking a joint while bob marley's ghost gazes approvingly down from a cloud etc) and I liked the idea of this uh really jarring and incongrous thing coming from Dracula in his ice fort. Looking back it was probably a little too internethumourish though! The motherfucker thing was kind of me being selfconscious about suddenly putting in a fairly pretentious dramatic monologue at the end and to get player pumped about final battle etc but that stuff is always pretty ridiculous coming from lil mspaint sprites.

Gazillion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2010, 06:27:00 PM »

Stuff like Ghosts of Aliens and Wilfred the Hero inspired me a lot!

Does anyone have a link to these? I can only find a thread post about GoA and the download link is broken. I'd love to see other good quality RPG Maker games Smiley

Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 07:07:21 PM »

Yeah I agree in retrospect! I don't actually care for weed particularly but I like the ridiculous subculture around it(Ultimate_420_Weedlornd or posters of smiling dogs smoking a joint while bob marley's ghost gazes approvingly down from a cloud etc) and I liked the idea of this uh really jarring and incongrous thing coming from Dracula in his ice fort. Looking back it was probably a little too internethumourish though! The motherfucker thing was kind of me being selfconscious about suddenly putting in a fairly pretentious dramatic monologue at the end and to get player pumped about final battle etc but that stuff is always pretty ridiculous coming from lil mspaint sprites.
I felt a really similar aversion when the weed comment came up... but then I realized that aversion fit in to the world perfectly and continued on my crying, arm waving way.

Also Catamites if you turn out to be a one hit wonder and give up on games after this I will be severely disappointed,

POUR MORE OF YOUR INDIE EJACULATE INTO THE COLLECTIVE WOMB OF GOOD INDIE GAMES NOW! IT NEEDS YOU.
Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2010, 09:03:03 PM »

I'm on my third playthrough right now, and chipping away at my review. Because you haven't heard this enough: you are awesome.

Randomasta
Level 1

wait, what?

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2010, 06:37:45 AM »

Stuff like Ghosts of Aliens and Wilfred the Hero inspired me a lot!

Does anyone have a link to these? I can only find a thread post about GoA and the download link is broken. I'd love to see other good quality RPG Maker games Smiley
Wilfred the Hero
Ghost of Aliens

edit : played it for 15 minutes and while a bit more difficult battles would be good, god this game is so SURREAL
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 06:59:30 AM by Randomasta » Logged
petra
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2010, 04:57:41 PM »

Just chiming in to say I really enjoyed this. The crude art style and manic game world warmed the cockles of my heart, and I found some kinda perverse joy in having the main character in tears for most of the adventure. Also, the soundtrack was mint! Hand Thumbs Up Right
Igor Hardy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2010, 05:13:24 PM »

You have an unique sense of styles as always, thecatamites. It looks and sounds brilliant.

I've only just tasted a little bit of the game so far, so I'll tell you more later.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic