Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 04:32:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSpace Funeral (Complete Shortish RPG)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Space Funeral (Complete Shortish RPG)  (Read 22624 times)
J Chastain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2010, 03:00:26 AM »

I played the game.  I liked the game.  We probably need more games like this.
MaloEspada
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2010, 06:30:00 AM »

I really enjoyed this. Weird world, nice music, awesome dialogue.

The graphics also had a special charm.

Fantastic work.
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2010, 01:57:34 AM »

SPOILERS.

Is there any reason for me to stop being a fish?
PANPOMMA
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2010, 04:07:33 AM »

I loved it, I did seem to complete the game before I realised it, and I even got Purple Drank and I think I completed all the side quests. Overall it was a fun little game!
krimelo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2010, 04:21:34 AM »

One of the few RPGs I´ve really enjoyed!
JustinGameDesign
Level 1

Sprite artist and indie game dev.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2010, 10:50:24 PM »

This was interesting.  I liked the blood wizard.  That was eerie. 

googoogjoob
Level 3

The Walrus is me.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2010, 11:02:54 PM »

SPOILERS.

Talk to the wizard back in the town.
wilbefast
Level 1

I am the cat who walks by himself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2010, 05:40:51 AM »

Hand Point LeftMy Word!This game is so much win

I have to say that most RPGs annoy me to no end: the grinding, the unoriginal storylines and all that. But game looked... different, so I gave it a try. First fight I hit "mystery", threw up on myself and disgusted an enemy to the point that it left in a huff. Haven't had so much fun with a game for some time - it honestly made me laugh out loud on a few occasions ("there is a lot of BLOOD at the BLOOD CAVERN" and "what a bad letter"). And then there was the horse made of legs. I mean, why not?...

The art is interesting because, from a superficial point of view, it's "really bad". And yet the style and the aethestic are so coherent with the setting and story, and everything is done with such flare and confidence, that it works really well. It stares you straight in the face and says "yes, a horse made of legs: what of it!?" Evil and all you can do is mumble apolgies "euh... sure, no, I mean, that's cool" Epileptic By the end you're enjoying the experience so much, and the art contributes so much to it, that you can only love the whole lot  Kiss

Not many games can pull that off, kudos to you for sticking with the style Hand Metal LeftSmileyHand Metal Right

It does make me worry about your sanity though thecatamites  Shocked

Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2010, 06:04:06 AM »

Hand Point LeftMy Word!This game is so much win

I also love the music.  A lot of it turns out to be from this Japanese noiserock band I had never heard of, called Les Rallizes Dénudés, whom I also now love.

@doomlaser, mark johns
Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2010, 01:58:17 PM »

Same here; that band is so fucking amazing. I read somewhere (maybe here? I'm teaching a computer class right now and am pressed for time) that this was partially inspired by James Joyce. This game has gotten me into good literature and music -- it's making me a better person. I can't say that of many games, and for this I thank it.

The above is paraphrasing the end of my upcoming review, which I swear is coming out this week.

wilbefast
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2010, 07:18:28 AM »

euh... I'm stuck in the blood cave  Who, Me? where are you supposed to go after talking to the blood-sucking wizard guy? I can't go back the way I came: it won't let me  Cry

googoogjoob
Level 3

The Walrus is me.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2010, 10:35:35 AM »

euh... I'm stuck in the blood cave  Who, Me? where are you supposed to go after talking to the blood-sucking wizard guy? I can't go back the way I came: it won't let me  Cry

After he drinks your blood you should be able to leave by the bottom of the cave:

Unfortunately my map design leaves a lot to be desired! If that's not working then I don't know what the problem is but if you give me your level/items I can maybe upload a save file that starts in the next room.
wilbefast
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2010, 11:44:40 AM »

I didn't try the bottom Who, Me? it did look rather like a wall to me

Thanks for the help anyway, I can move on now  Smiley

LazyWaffle
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2010, 05:30:09 PM »

This game also got me into Rallizes. Seems like it's becoming a fad here Shrug
ink.inc
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2010, 07:00:54 PM »

My only gripe with this game was that it's never clear where the exit to a particular area is.

Seth
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2010, 07:42:08 PM »

I played this when it was front paged, I also thought this game was great.  I like the ease of it and I just enjoyed exploring the world.  The humor was great in most spots and the only thing I wished was different about the graphics was that it had some nice animation--I think that if you did it right you could put some great animation in this game without detracting from the shoddy quality thing you have going there.  Maybe not too nice, but I think you didn't have to go as low on the quality spectrum with the animation as you did.

I hated the ending.  It seemed corny and I guess it fits if it this game was supposed to directly comment on the RPG maker community, but for me, it almost turned it into just a joke game.  I would have much preferred a more ambiguous ending.
wilbefast
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2010, 01:19:24 AM »

I actually quite liked the ending. Obviously there's this huge reference to Plato's theory of forms, and the rule of thumb when making a good villain is for that villain's motives to be understandable and, from a skewed enough point of view, almost admirable. The game is joke-y in a lot of ways, but that doesn't mean it's "just" a joke. Humour is a powerful tool for getting a message across, and far more pleasant some some wanky-arthouse bollocks.

Now that I've finished the game, I think the one general criticism I can make is that the exits aren't clear marked out on many areas (not just the Blood Cave). Often an apparently open edge is an invisible wall, except for one small part that lets you leave.

Overall it makes me want to sit down and make an RPG of my own - pity RPG maker is Windows-only  WTF

sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2010, 07:16:58 PM »

SPOILERS.

Talk to the wizard back in the town.

But... does it serve any purpose? I completed the game in that form.
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2010, 07:21:24 PM »

This is seriously one of the best indie games I've played. cactus told me about it and I was skeptical at first because of the graphics... I thought that it's "poorly drawn" charm was all it had going for it, but whoa, no... The best part was probably the music. Makes me want to smoke weed or mainline heroin. And the ending!! My mind was blown by how meaningful it all turned out to be. This game is a work of art.

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2011, 01:39:46 AM »

Just coming back while listening to Ruth White on Youtube, this game single-handedly turned me on to TONS of great music. I want to be your friend, thecatamites  Well, hello there!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic