Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411902 Posts in 69427 Topics- by 58475 Members - Latest Member: szálamireaktor

June 08, 2024, 03:06:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingAwesome Soccer World 2010
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Awesome Soccer World 2010  (Read 1255 times)
Red27
Level 0

Awesome Soccer

View Profile WWW
« on: September 18, 2010, 04:23:25 PM »

Hey all,

Feedback request for my current title - Awesome Soccer World 2010.

Awesome Soccer World 2010 - Fast action arcade soccer game with 16 Tournaments from around the world and over 280 teams. Score amazing swerving goals, spectacular overhead kicks and diving headers. Unlock 300 Golden Balls over 5 skill levels in recognition of your skill and achievements within the game.  

Mac Version: http://www.red27studios.com/download_apple.php

Windows Version: http://www.red27studios.com/download_windows.php

Linux Version: http://www.red27studios.com/download_linux.php

Your feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete (Red27).

george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 06:24:00 PM »

I was surprised at how fun this was actually, it plays smoothly and intuitively. I imagine it's much more fun and easy to control with a gamepad though (I'm rubbish at passing! Though that's to be expected after just a few minutes I guess). Do many play with a keyboard?

Also it doesn't seem very effective to block shots with the keeper (can you even do that?). It'd be cool if shots put you into a bullet time kind of thing where you had more fine-grained control of the keeper, though I can see how this might slow the game down unnecessarily -- maybe as an option?
Red27
Level 0

Awesome Soccer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 10:16:39 AM »

I was surprised at how fun this was actually, it plays smoothly and intuitively. I imagine it's much more fun and easy to control with a gamepad though (I'm rubbish at passing! Though that's to be expected after just a few minutes I guess). Do many play with a keyboard?

Also it doesn't seem very effective to block shots with the keeper (can you even do that?). It'd be cool if shots put you into a bullet time kind of thing where you had more fine-grained control of the keeper, though I can see how this might slow the game down unnecessarily -- maybe as an option?

Thanks George.  Yes, a lot of people play with the keyboard - you soon get the hang of it tbh, so the the gamepad isn't essential.

I love the bullet time idea...perhaps you'd have to fill up a meter through tackles, shots, posession, goals etc before you could unleash it in the last few minutes of the game - I can imagine that would be fantastic pressure if the game was level in injury time of a cup final...having to use bullet time to guide the ball into the top corner to win!   Grin

Red27
Level 0

Awesome Soccer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 06:37:47 AM »

Also it doesn't seem very effective to block shots with the keeper (can you even do that?).

No....computer controlled goalkeepers only I'm afraid - but I am going to tweak the AI, to make it more challenging at the higher skill levels....think Peter Schmeichel....Buffon....Casillas...  Grin

Red27
Level 0

Awesome Soccer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 01:51:53 PM »

Ok...shameless plug...but I've just had the game reviewed in the September 2010 edition of Mac Format (I think it's the best selling Mac Magazine in the UK).  They gave it a full page review and awarded the game a very respectable 4/5 stars!

To use some football parlance....I'm over the moon!  Beer!

(obviously all rights reserved for Mac Format)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic