Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:16:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWorst Game Ideas Ever
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Worst Game Ideas Ever  (Read 9150 times)
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« on: March 27, 2007, 06:38:58 PM »

A long time ago, I had a series of articles on my site about "bad game ideas," ideas either morally reprehensible or so completely devoid of a game-like context that they were laughable.

You can read them here: One, Two, Three, Four.

I suspect the fertile ground of TIGSource's collective minds can put together some horrific game ideas as well.

I'll provide a new one to get the party started, as it were.
Prison Snitch -- Play as a prison snitch in a life or death game of real-time strategy. Manipulate other informants, bribe guards, and flee into solitary confinement when Big Joe tries to shank you at dinner.

Gain power and material goods by trading your personal safety for mildly incriminating evidence against your fellow inmates. Manage your complex social network of gang affiliations -- incite a prison riot, then frame other inmates for the senseless destruction that ensues.

Bored? Try several of the unlockable minigames -- Knife Fingers, Shank Engineering 101 and Soap Clutching.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 06:46:23 PM by ravuya » Logged

jaredbloom
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 06:46:08 PM »

Am I the only one that thought some of these would make good games?

Volunteer Police Sniper is my personal favorite. Someone should go about making these ideas into mini games :D

My idea: Electric Retard Online.
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 07:44:51 PM »

"Scrub the Dishes: Bounced Credit Card Edition"

Special moves include rough edge of dish brush.
lowpoly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 08:51:28 PM »

"Fluffer" for the Wii Shocked

Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 08:53:59 PM »

I'm really interested in the idea of social networks as game mechanics, so that snitch example actually sounds cool to me.

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 03:30:26 AM »

What if all the characters in the prison are anthropomorphised bees, and the prison itself is made from destructible honeycomb, and your shiv breaks after cutting through too much wall, and there is a day/night cycle, and if you take too much booze the controls get reversed, and it's an MMO, and you can have different types of hats, and the prison guards are robots, and every 5 cycles of the day/night cycle the prison floods with water that uses real fluid dynamics, so users must have bought the Ageieae phyisx card, and the water can change colour if you drop ink in it, so you can trade cigarettes for ink with the other inmates, and there are flash minigames in consoles on the wall, and the minigames are you have to pay for them and each one is an mmo with hats.

Cool

Still sound cool?

PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 07:41:49 AM »

Awesome idea Rav.  The mailman is a powerful career that can be the root of many evils, if you dare to take him there.

Post Office Hero: Fight crime and stop terrorism on your daily route around the neighborhood.  Plant explosives in the mailboxes of questionable individuals, and make the world a better place.  Bonus points for capping annoying dogs with no witnesses.

Super Hero Sidekick: Fighting crime isn't all about fighting and crime.  Do Batman's paperwork.  Make coffee.  Wash the Batmobile.  Order new gear for crime fighting.  Bonus points if you can convince the gear distributors not to keep you on hold for an hour.

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 08:10:07 AM »

What if all the characters in the prison are anthropomorphised bees, and the prison itself is made from destructible honeycomb, and your shiv breaks after cutting through too much wall, and there is a day/night cycle, and if you take too much booze the controls get reversed, and it's an MMO, and you can have different types of hats, and the prison guards are robots, and every 5 cycles of the day/night cycle the prison floods with water that uses real fluid dynamics, so users must have bought the Ageieae phyisx card, and the water can change colour if you drop ink in it, so you can trade cigarettes for ink with the other inmates, and there are flash minigames in consoles on the wall, and the minigames are you have to pay for them and each one is an mmo with hats.

Cool

Still sound cool?

Add sniper rifles, and I'm there. Or not... There.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 08:14:52 AM »

Robin William presents : Robin Williams The Movie, the videogame.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 10:58:23 AM »

Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game: The Movie

(which is a game, based on the movie Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game)

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 08:41:50 PM »

Grand Theft Investigator -- Play as a junior insurance adjuster who inspects the rising tide of car theft in Liberty City. Thrill to the forms required after a minor fender bender, snap pictures of the grisly after-effects of a head-on collision, and adjust your victims' insurance rates beyond the legal limit. Watch out for the evil auditors! Adjust your tie while matching accident reports and fighting to bring down people for minor insurance fraud.

In your spare time, explore why there appear to be spinning tapes, floppy disks, stars and high-caliber assault weapons all over the city.

Albert Lai
TIGSource Editor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 11:31:56 AM »

Match-3: Stale Moves
This game is similar to normal match-3 games, except it's absolutely identical to them.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 03:16:19 PM »

Nihilism: the Game Undecided
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 03:20:45 PM »

Match 3 of nothing to get nothing.

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 03:22:20 PM »

I believe I just won! Grin
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 03:23:17 PM »

I believe I just won! Grin

No you didn't... you got nothing. Sad
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 05:02:05 PM »

Cry
Life is meaningless!

(:D)
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 05:06:51 PM »

Cry
Life is meaningless!

Okay, now you've won.

Or lost.

Whatever.

It doesn't mean anything either way.

Albert Lai
TIGSource Editor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 06:19:53 PM »

I actually started trying to figure out how to combine a Match-3 game with a shmup.

The closest I got was a 2-player game where one player plays the game like a shmup, but as all the enemies are composed of Match-3 puzzles, the second player would have to solve the puzzles to destroy the enemy. Damage output by player 1 is translated into time for player 2 to match up and destroy blocks, which deals 'actual' damage.

I would be making a mock-up of this as we speak, but I'm only good with Java, and Processing lags something awful (probably due to my novice status).
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 10:14:35 AM »

GIFE US ZE MONEY, LEBOWSKI.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic