Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:42:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallPicking Up Chicks is Hard When Your Car is a BMX
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Picking Up Chicks is Hard When Your Car is a BMX  (Read 1815 times)
initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2010, 08:10:01 PM »

Picking Up Chicks is Hard When Your Car is a BMX is a new game using the Flixel framework.

This game is based on the Flixel framework.
Since Flixel has done the community a huge favor and open sourced the entire library, I am also open sourcing everything I make using it. The source code can be found as a link on the website.

http://www.initialscommand.com/bmx/

I'd really like to become more of an active member here, so if there is anything here you have questions about, or like to use in your game, please ask.

I'm really interested in getting some quality feedback. Anything you think would make this game more fun. Please let me know.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 09:35:23 PM by initials » Logged

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 08:53:54 PM »

its like canabalt with chicks and a bmx bike

not bad but the jump is too floaty, I run into walls a lot.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 11:42:44 PM »

Not bad.  The game itself is pretty fun, the coins falling from the sky and bouncing is a nice touch.  Also, the player death explosion is entertaining.

I would say that some interface elements could use some work.  Mainly, you should have a start menu, if only so that I have time to read the controls focus on the window before the game starts.  As it is, I usually end up dying before I even start playing the game.

I'd also say it would be nice to be able to control the height of my jump by holding down the jump button longer/letting go of it sooner, but this is definitely a nice start so far.

Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 11:50:19 PM »

I second what Malec said. Also, I'm no code junkie but if you could increase the appearance of the purple ramps that would be awesome. 

initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 05:03:18 AM »

its like canabalt with chicks and a bmx bike

not bad but the jump is too floaty, I run into walls a lot.

Thanks for the feedback. The jump mechanic has been updated. It's got a Mario style `hold down for longer jumps` feel now.

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic