Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 01:37:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe game of the internet
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The game of the internet  (Read 1273 times)
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: September 22, 2010, 10:19:49 PM »

Hi,

I would like to show you what I have been working on. No it's is not a platformer, actually it doesn't even have a genre or a visual. After putting a exp and levels on my website I figured it would be cool to rate people outside of XXIVV so I started reading on APIs and made this level calculator of people's online activity.

I know that putting a level on some numbers doesn't make something a game, but I think it will be nice someday at a job interview to be asked what your OL is. Maybe OL could be used to calculate someone's addition to the zeitgeist.

I only have Twitter and LastFm at the moment, I would really like to add smartFm but their API is a broken mess. If you have ideas for sites you would like me to add, let me know.

The ADD SERVICE button is not working like it should, I will make it pop up a box with a form and all, but tomorrow or friday. ~

Let me know what you think, I will make a API so you can display your level on your blog/site etc... Smiley

Have fun !

Online Level Calculator

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 09:12:40 AM »

Just noticed it looks like shit for people without webkit. I will try to fix this today : )

Thanks for the messages over twitter.

http://plixi.com/p/46696124

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic