Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 04:46:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsPoV's Challenge - Make a game, sell 1 copy this October!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PoV's Challenge - Make a game, sell 1 copy this October!  (Read 1604 times)
PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« on: September 23, 2010, 01:45:12 AM »

Greetings Tiger-Sauce-Formers!

Some of you know me, and some of you loathe me (maybe not, but it sounded good).  I'm one of the guys that runs Ludum Dare, that popular compo/jam with the "ugly" website.  My friends, the gloves are off, fisticuffs ready, lets dance!  I'm here to issue you a challenge in the most over-the-top way I can at 5:30 AM and on very little sleep.

This October: Make a game — take it to market — sell 1 copy

You've done Jams and Compos before (or have definitely thought about);  You've made things.  I want you to quit slacking and do something with it, or make something new AND start selling it; For a change, lets make a game and put a $1 in your pocket too.

Hand Money LeftEvil:handmoneyR:

That's what we're doing over at Ludum Dare during the big O-Month.  Here's some more details.

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/2010/09/22/povs-challenge-make-a-game-sell-1-copy/

I don't care where you plant your flag.  You don't have to join our shared wordpress blog or our IRC room, but that's what and where we're doing it.  After the spookiest day of the year, I want to see the beginnings of bunch more indie success stories!

Now get to work!

Hand Any KeyApoplecticHand Metal Right

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 09:23:28 AM »

Man you're going to flood the market and creat an indie krach  Roll Eyes

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
mattfox12
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 08:40:51 AM »

I accept your challenge, sir.  Gentleman

found
Level 0

hi!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 01:46:01 AM »

I'll be attempting this, hope it all works out.  Hand Thumbs Up Right
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 03:54:47 PM »

Woo, most of the way there:  http://www.ultimate-nerds.com/space-captain-mccallery-episode-2-the-weaponmaster

Now anyone want to help me win this challenge?   Well, hello there!   Beg EDIT:  SUCCESS!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 02:32:16 PM by Alec S. » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic