Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:44:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAdventure Marne Bros
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Adventure Marne Bros  (Read 13228 times)
Arne
The Pantymaster
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2010, 03:12:31 AM »

Hand Thumbs Up Left Starting to add some different block types. The [?] blocks now plop out guys... and one thing leads to another.

1000 guys. Not sure what to make of the phys hit (5.5ms). I still need to partition the guys so I can do stuff like speedy collision checks, on screen draw checks, and bumping (send them flying if a block under their feet is bumped) (you can see how the bumped blocks just kind of cuts into their feet now).

I should check if their speed is low, because then I don't need to do a segmented trace for their collision routine. Stationary guys probably shouldn't have to do collision checks at all. Right now everyone are gravitated onto the ground every frame.

I'm actually invisible on the second screen. Can you find me?
Arne
The Pantymaster
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2010, 07:56:51 AM »

Uploaded v0.09a. Hope it works. Apparently, if XP gets confused about the USB joystick ports, my program runs really slow. Something with the polling I'm guessing. I'm mighty bored with this project now.

http://androidarts.com/smb/

------------------------------------------------------------
New in 0.09a
------------------------------------------------------------

Instances of actors/players.

Primitive split (double) screen support.

Solid blocks, bumpable blocks and [?] blocks.

Some rough and rather bad Mario sprites.

Water and BG rendering style changed. Lightmap.

Background color drawn in 4*4 chunks (not editable atm).

Level is now properly reset, I think.
Plattfisk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2010, 09:41:09 AM »

Uploaded v0.09a. Hope it works. Apparently, if XP gets confused about the USB joystick ports, my program runs really slow. Something with the polling I'm guessing. I'm mighty bored with this project now.

Aw, and it was turning out so great too. Beg
Nice version btw, it ran fine even as the Marnes kept multiplying.

I don't know you, but from what I've seen of your site and such you have problems dedicating yourself to one project without getting bored and filled with new great ideas you'd rather do, correct? I can sympathize.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2010, 10:26:44 AM »

Arne needs a programmer to do the monkey grunt work while he focuses on design and art.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2010, 03:29:20 PM »

This is lovely. I tend to be bothered by fan games, but, well, this looks really nice.

Regarding project scope, didn't it get quite out of hand for a one-man side-project (from what I understood)? No wonder you're growing bored of it. How about scaling it back a good chunk?

deathtotheweird
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2010, 04:02:57 PM »

oh no Sad.
PANPOMMA
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2010, 02:31:34 AM »

Try not to get sad over Arne not finishing a project, I've just been to his homepage and I figure he does this a lot. Cheesy

I agree with most of this reimaging, bar the ancient toad robots because I refuse to believe Mario needs precursers the way Arne does about every game.

I like the idea of goombas being spawned from thrown seeds or something. Perhaps they can shout to the koopas when they see Mario, thats all the use they'd need. They are the front liners, just there to wear Mario down and alert the koopas. It would be funny if the koopas abused them, like spawning one just so they can jump on it to get to a higher point.

Koopas I don't have much to say about; soldiers. Oh, I would add that if Bowser is a koopa, in theory any powerful koopa would have a spikey shell and breathe fire.

Shyguys interest me more, if you've played Yoshi's Island you'll know why. These guys are great inventors and are even more all purpose than the koopa, with flyguys, stiltguys, candleguys and many more. If I was to roll the designs togethor I'd say they're related to the boos, as in they're ghosts in special containment suits.

The princess needs to be a mushroom person too, if we want to make sense. Or we add more humans to the world and rework Mario's history. I will say Mario the Italian American will always be the backstory for me.

One last thing: items should effect enemies too, if you let them out of your grasp. Imagine a starman hitting a lowly goomba and turning it invinsible for a time.

Thats what I'd do anyway, carry on!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic