Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:14:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGratuitous Profanity -- Playable
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Gratuitous Profanity -- Playable  (Read 10925 times)
LazyWaffle
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 12:55:12 PM »

That would be far too much effort for a poor joke, let the man stick to fucks for now.  Wink
It wouldn't really take that much effort, in all honesty Shrug

So how will this play out? Just a regular vertical shmup?
PANPOMMA
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 01:00:26 PM »

That would be far too much effort for a poor joke, let the man stick to fucks for now.  Wink
It wouldn't really take that much effort, in all honesty Shrug

I have no idea!

I really should contact Noyb, see how he is doing. I just posted those ships in here for him to use.
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 02:21:45 PM »

I'm still alive! And with more non-tangible progress to report!

Back-end for the enemy wave system is now in place, allowing me to start on level designs instead of the random placement I have now. Also finished coding in a sound handling system to scale sample volume based on how many fuckers are making that same noise at once, to make swapping samples easier to handle, and to make a possible censored mode as easy as adding a few lines of code.

After splitting up agj's hilarious 4 minute submission, I ended up with over 110 discrete, varied, and fantastic fucks. Grin

Now, some might say that 110 fucks is more than enough for any man or woman. That there are games not lucky enough to have even one measly little fuck. But it's not enough for me. And it's not enough for the dedicated folks over at Guinness World Records. If you have the time, I humbly ask you to record one or more fucks for the cause.

Pretty much. Mutiple levels. Steady introduction of new enemies. Bosses (limited by time and health to limit grinding for fucks). Enemies have one or more hitpoints, but the player dies in one hit. Death stops your pointflow for a short time, but the level continues to play on. Limited lives, with more lives earned through points. No explicit continues, but you can restart progress from any level you've reached, with zero points. Open to suggestions at this point.

Have I told you lately that you're awesome? Because you are. Beer!

OneMoreGo
Level 3

Stop looking at my chest

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 02:34:16 PM »

I like the idea. You could have a screen clearing smart bomb called fuck off.  Also what would be the effects when fighting a mother ship be? :D
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2010, 01:57:31 PM »

I quite like Panpomma's stuff.

Guys, record yourselves, I don't wanna be the only one embarrassed once this game gets released.

PANPOMMA
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 02:08:56 AM »

Step forward, my brother in FUCK, tell us of your exploits.  Beg
PANPOMMA
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 11:37:10 AM »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYB
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 11:47:00 AM »

The rest of the parts for my condenser mike come in on Monday.  I'll record some profanity then.

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 04:20:39 PM »

Wow. I really like this idea. I would record but no mic  Cry But I urge others, send forth your fucks!
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2010, 03:40:13 AM »

Totally recording tonight.  I think.  I'll be going to my special location with my special equipment later probably.

I'm probably being a bit more anal than everyone else but now that I can record fancy I MUST ONLY RECORD FANCY.

Might be sending it to you as one big audio file that you'll need to cut up.  Hope that won't be an issue.

EDIT: DONE AND PM-ED http://evanbalster.com/crap/gratuitous-profanity.flac
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 05:47:19 AM by Cellulose » Logged

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2011, 05:50:48 PM »

I apologize for the long radio silence regarding Gratuitous Profanity.

In short, I fucked up. Overestimated my motivation for the project, and underestimated just how much effort goes into designing a solid shmup.

However, all is not lost!

LazyWaffle has kindly stepped up to take over the project, and I am confident that he will do a fan-fucking-tastic job!

Noyb out.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 10:13:11 PM by Noyb » Logged

iffi
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2011, 05:53:30 PM »

Wow, you really must have lost motivation - there are only two "fuck"s in that post.
Best of luck to LazyWaffle completing this!
LazyWaffle
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2011, 06:07:52 PM »

Fuck yeah, profanity! So, I'm currently in the process of getting the okay from the voice contributers. So far Cellulose Man said I could use the voices, now I'm just waiting on the others.

After a bit of thought, I've decided to make this into a procedurally generated vaguely roguelike game that involves massive nonlinear dungeons, mixed with the glory of profanity. I need a bit of help on some of the assets, so I'm going to assemble a team. Anyone's allowed to contribute, as this is a community project, but it'd be nice if I had some people to rely on for certain assets. If anyone's willing to make sprites for this, shoot me a PM or just make a post in this topic, and you're on the fucking team. Fuck.

As for the SHMUP graphics, I have something special planned for them.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 06:19:50 PM by LazyWaffle » Logged
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2011, 01:21:03 PM »

I'm totally fine with you using my recordings, LazyWaffle. Your new concept sounds a bit too big, though; are you certain you'll be able to keep the motivation that Noyb couldn't, considering that? Either way, good luck.

LazyWaffle
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2011, 04:01:45 PM »

I'm totally fine with you using my recordings, LazyWaffle. Your new concept sounds a bit too big, though; are you certain you'll be able to keep the motivation that Noyb couldn't, considering that? Either way, good luck.
I've had this planned out in my head for a while, I'm kind of just using the profanity concept as an excuse for starting it. I'm fairly sure I'll be able to finish it, it's nothing too in-depth, if anything it'll be more arcade-esque than anything.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's contributions so far!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 04:22:16 PM by LazyWaffle » Logged
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2012, 09:14:17 AM »

This is no longer complete fucking vaporware.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 08:05:19 AM by Noyb » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic