Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 06:13:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallRune Hunt
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rune Hunt  (Read 1482 times)
lithander
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: September 24, 2010, 02:56:24 PM »

Hey guys!

I'm proud to announce my first game-project in years that made it to completion!

Rune Hunt is a flash game where you find pixel graphics mixed with dynamic light and shadow. And that's not the only thing I tried to do a little different.
What starts as your average adventure soon turns into a nightmare. You're not a fighter. No gun or magic spell will save you from the creatures lurking in the shadows.
It's your wit and reflexes that could save you. Use what the environment provides you to stay alive - and sane.

You can play it on my sponsor's site: http://armorgames.com/play/6963/rune-hunt

I'm not really sure if it's a game for the masses (e.g. gets high ratings on the portals) but maybe some of you like it?

OneMoreGo
Level 3

Stop looking at my chest

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 02:57:55 AM »

Nice! A cute game.

I spent a few seconds clicking on "new game" to no effect until I realised you could only use the keyboard to select.  Hopefully not all the visitors are as dumb as me but it may put some off  Cheesy

The shadows were a little odd, my light doesn't illuminate more than a couple of feet around me in the room i'm in but does illuminate parts of rooms quite far away. Blink
lithander
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 05:13:01 AM »

There is supposed to be a detection if you play the game for the first time in which case there's a little description on the bottom left telling you the controls. If that didn't show up I have a wierd bug to track I guess.

Regarding the lighting. What you can see is what your character can see. Corners block his view so you as a player can't see it. Thats why most of the screen is black - there are just walls in the way. But if there's a lightsource in the far distance and there's no wall obstructing the view then you can see it. If you consider it from your characters point of view it should make sense.

OneMoreGo
Level 3

Stop looking at my chest

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 10:29:27 AM »

Regarding the lighting. What you can see is what your character can see. Corners block his view so you as a player can't see it. Thats why most of the screen is black - there are just walls in the way. But if there's a lightsource in the far distance and there's no wall obstructing the view then you can see it. If you consider it from your characters point of view it should make sense.

Ah yes, I see what you mean now.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic