Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 04:18:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPlatform Battle 2 - Java engine considerations 4/21/11
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Platform Battle 2 - Java engine considerations 4/21/11  (Read 6401 times)
lasttea999
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2011, 09:55:14 PM »

Java engine: please help test!

Hello again, TIGForums! It's been a while!

I haven't really been working on Platform Battle 2 itself, but, with much help from online tutorials, some computer science courses, and other sources, I have been able to break into... Java programming!

Recently, I was finally able to replicate some of Game Maker's functionality with Java. However, I've run into a problem: My Java engine lags on at least one computer. I'd like to ask any interested forum-goers if they also experience any lag.

The engine can be found here (MediaFire download). It includes the mentioned Java program, another Java program to make levels for it, and a comparable(?) Game Maker program (an executable made from a GM file posted earlier). Please provide feedback!

I might elaborate more fully in a separate topic in the "Technical" subforum and post some source code there, but... it's strange, on our desktop with Windows 7, the program lags EXCEPT when there's another instance of the program or a Game Maker-made game running at the same time. There may be other programs that have a similar effect, but currently I haven't found any. And the computers at my school are also desktops with Windows 7, but the program doesn't experience any readily noticeable lag there. (Although, for those computers you might argue that they've always tended to be faster than your average home computer.)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 10:03:21 PM by lasttea999 » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic