Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:03:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)D-Pixel (Version 0.953)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19
Print
Author Topic: D-Pixel (Version 0.953)  (Read 58539 times)
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2011, 01:13:20 PM »

I'm not going to get chance to do a new release this weekend.. but here's a picture of the v0.61 updated Image Resize options panel. You can now create a blank image of different sizes as before, or you can resize the old picture by scaling or positioning / cropping.

Gentleman

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2011, 12:10:24 PM »

More System Options as well as Image Options in this relase:

OpenGL works faster on my machine but as the engine I use is designed for games it's a bit tricky to use with the different screenmodes and graphic drivers. Anyway, having three graphic drivers is better than one!

v 0.61 - 25th March 2011

+ Added in full 64 level palette undo/redo feature. This is separate from the image undo so you can undo/redo either the palette or the image without influencing the other
+ Added in clear image icon in Image options (undo/redo able as other drawing operations)
+ Redesigned resize image options: Clear image is implented as before, but also the user can now position the old image at one of 9 orientations (left, centre or right alligned for both X & Y positions) within the new image. Scale image will scale the odd image to fit the new image size
+ Added in crop image tool in Image options
+ Added new options in the System menu: Fade on/off (to switch on/off the panel fading) and FPS counter (which can be used to see how fast the program is running on your computer when doing different tasks in D-Pixel)
+ Optimised text primitive tool for a large increase in drawing speed
+ Added user selectable option for using different Graphic Drivers: DirectX 7, DirectX 9, OpenGL (SOME PROBLEMS NOTED when switching to OpenGL in the program, exiting and restarting should fix..)
+ Added desktop / fullscreen window options
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2011, 06:02:15 AM »

v 0.62 - 10th April 2011

+ Fixed error where default maximised screen size forgot to take into account windows taskbars
+ Added some level of support for resizing the program window (canvas sizes are now adjusted)
+ Made default 'Save As' file format BMP
+ File selector tweaks to add warning when trying to save over an existing file
+ When right clicking on a colour in the palette (to set the secondary pen) this now updates the Red, Green, Blue and Hue, Saturation and Value sliders (if visible)
+ Thumbnails now update whilst drawing and shouldn't lag behind by one operation for some actions like fill & undo as before
+ Removed Desktop and Fullscreen options from System Options panel due to Engine issues. I'll have to look at these some more in the future
blimp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2011, 10:09:30 PM »

Hey! I can't load the program! It just loads with the color palette only. The log file says some files are missing. I think you forgot to pack some files in your latest release  Smiley

Here check the log file and also a screenshot.

Screenshot:

Your build log: Pastebin: Logfile.html

Thanks,let me know if I'm doing something wrong.
Other details: Win XP sp3
               Direct X 9.0c
               .NetFW 2.0
               Java 6.24 (runtime lib)
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2011, 11:10:51 PM »

Hi Blimp,

That's odd.. the files it mentions in the log file are just project and brush files (for the workspace) so they don't need to be there for the user interface to work ok.

All the files look fine in the archive to me.. has anyone else had this problem?

In the Gui folder there is a file called variables.txt
Can you open this with notepad and edit the line that says:
px_gui.graphic_driver = 0

if you try changing those values to 1 or 2 it should use a different graphics driver. Can you see if that makes any difference?

Thanks!

blimp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2011, 08:19:08 PM »

Hi Blimp,

That's odd.. the files it mentions in the log file are just project and brush files (for the workspace) so they don't need to be there for the user interface to work ok.

All the files look fine in the archive to me.. has anyone else had this problem?

In the Gui folder there is a file called variables.txt
Can you open this with notepad and edit the line that says:
px_gui.graphic_driver = 0

if you try changing those values to 1 or 2 it should use a different graphics driver. Can you see if that makes any difference?

Thanks!

Hey thanks it works now!  Smiley
I changed to 1 but didn't work,so went to 2 again didn't work,then changed back to 0 and it started working. Now it works for all the value from 0 to 2.

Thanks man.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2011, 11:11:08 PM »

Well that's a bit strange.. but at least it works!
Kei
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2012, 08:51:54 AM »

Hello there my good man Gentleman

I know your busy working on your games but just curious, whats the status on this project. I'v checked your website and other than the release change log, info on it is pretty barren.   
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2012, 11:15:47 AM »

Hello!

It's on hold while I do work on SpaceHero Command. It's not abandoned though. Smiley
Kei
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2012, 02:58:58 AM »

Cool, then I wish you much luck in completing your game   Beer!
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2012, 11:48:08 AM »

Thanks!

BTW: This is a screenshot of the new Photoshop CS6 BETA. Is it just me, or does it seem quite similar to the style and direction I was going in with D-Pixel? Smiley

trq
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2012, 01:34:08 AM »

Damn, before I read your post, I thought it's screenshot from new version of D-Pixel Sad

I'm using D-Pixel since last summer, and I'd like to see some more tilling features, like tile autocompletion (like in ProMotion, or kind of "lock tile", when if you draw out of tile bounds, pixels appear from opposite direction ). And "shade" tool doesn't work well.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2012, 02:35:07 PM »

So it's not just me then!! Wink

Well, I'm glad you like using my program. At the moment I'm working on SpaceHero Command, but I would like to do more work on D-Pixel in the future.
strohmann
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2013, 03:52:22 AM »

hi, i just created my 1st pixel art with your tool, so thanks for sharing it. Are you still developing it, where can i see if there's a new version ?

here my result:
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2013, 10:42:35 AM »

Hey, that's cool, thanks for posting!

It's on hold at the moment as I'm working on other projects right now. But it's not abandoned. Smiley
tnr
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2013, 10:51:16 AM »

I'm downloading D-Pixel right now, and I have high hopes for it. I currently use two programs to do all of my pixel work, the GIMP and PyxelEdit. I use the GIMP because I like the fact that I can edit a GIF animation, and test it within GIMP. I use PyxelEdit because you can make mockups in it and you can use it to automatically create a tileset from the image.

I'm really hoping these features are in here, or planned to be in it. If they are, I think it would probably become my main pixel art tool.
SuperDisk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2013, 11:08:27 AM »

This software is fantastic. Too bad I can't pixelart.  Facepalm

Excellent work, however!
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2013, 11:33:10 AM »

Thanks. Smiley
clockwrk_routine
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2013, 10:12:25 PM »

woah very slick, there are some nice tools in here
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2013, 04:17:07 AM »

I'm ashamed to admit that my recent Space Crusade sprites were drawn not with my own paint program, but with ProMotion. Why? Because D-Pixel was developed and designed for netbook and 1366 x 768 size screenmodes. When I run it on a 1920 x 1080 monitor I find everything just too small. This problem is only going to get worse with the arrival of new higher resolution laptops and displays.

I can't have the paint program I made and want to draw with be unusable on modern displays, so I've been working the last few weeks on redesigning the GUI to be truly resolution-independent. This would mean that positions and sizes will be very consistent whether you are running in 1366 x 768 or 3840 x 2160 or higher. Icons, text and palette swatches won't get smaller as you use higher screen resolutions.

This has involved a lot of planning, head-scratching and mockups to work out how I'm going to accomplish this.

Stay tuned for more details.. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic