Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 05:25:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsKillgore 2 (new vids and pics)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Killgore 2 (new vids and pics)  (Read 3437 times)
Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: September 28, 2010, 06:04:44 PM »

Working on a sequel. I'm still handling all the art/animation, and Héctor Sobrevilla is working on the coding. Its shaping up nicely.

Some Videos
Test 1:

Test 2:

I'm polishing the old anim and adding fresh new ones. Also adding new enemies, new bosses and completely new environments.
The new combo system that Hector put together is amazing. Were planning on having multiple weapons that you unlock after defeating bosses.

Right now Killgore is almost too strong but were going to add a leveling system where you start off with just basic attacks and gain new fancy moves as you level up. As you get stronger we'll balance it out by giving enemies the ability to block and dodge attacks, as well as adding heavy enemies to back up the weaklings.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 01:04:00 AM by Joseph » Logged
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 09:27:33 PM »

Cool!! Hand Clap
I don't know if this is only a movie issue, but maybe you could add some frames to the animation of the tail.

Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 01:11:02 AM »

Your talking about the tail movement during the jab punch right? I noticed it before but I was too lazy to fix it haha. I'll fix it now Tongue
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 05:14:30 AM »

Your talking about the tail movement during the jab punch right?
I was talking about the bull's tail, generally during all the animations I saw it wasn't "fluid". The graphics is very nice, but I noticed only this detail that could be improved (ok, and the shadows, but maybe these are a planned feature that you're going to add).

I noticed it before but I was too lazy to fix it haha. I'll fix it now Tongue
Grin

Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 10:26:45 AM »

I was talking about the bull's tail, generally during all the animations I saw it wasn't "fluid". The graphics is very nice, but I noticed only this detail that could be improved (ok, and the shadows, but maybe these are a planned feature that you're going to add).

That must be the video quality cuz I've got a lot of frames on the tail except during the jab. When you say shadows do you mean shadows being cast on the environment or self-shadows?
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 01:38:38 PM »

When you say shadows do you mean shadows being cast on the environment or self-shadows?

I think a simpler technique: blob shadows; also this simple kind of shadows could add quality to your (already very nice) graphics.

Dozer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 04:48:49 PM »

I love the look of those graphics... Very fluid.

Being the lazy ass that I am could I possibly ask for a link to the first one?
Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 12:56:08 AM »

I love the look of those graphics... Very fluid.

Being the lazy ass that I am could I possibly ask for a link to the first one?

Sure no problem http://www.kongregate.com/games/truendymion/killgore

@ yajo: OK I think I know what you mean by blob shadows. Also check out this updated HUD

flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 05:10:08 AM »

That must be the video quality cuz I've got a lot of frames on the tail except during the jab.
Yes, now I've seen the game and not only the video: you're right, it's very fluid, and the graphics in movement is very nice.

@ yajo: OK I think I know what you mean by blob shadows. Also check out this updated HUD

Wow! Yes! With shadows it looks better!
And, yes, this HUD is more beatiful than the old one. Only a doubt about the grayed area: isn't it too large?
Now I've played the game and it's so fun... Maybe it could be a nice improvement to add the possibility to change the direction of the jump while the bull is "flying".

Hector
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 07:02:05 AM »

Change the direction of the jump is one of many improvements/additions for this sequel. Wink
Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 12:38:19 AM »

Working on cut-scenes now...
Hector
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 07:11:31 AM »

New video

flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 07:45:17 AM »

Is it normal that 'shadows' are set 'on' and the video doesn't show shadows? Another question; are you going to polish backgrounds? Because the previous ones were graphically better than the actual ones. However, the gameplay looks great!

Hector
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 11:33:51 AM »

The videos are made out of the debug version, most elements will be removed/replaced on the final version.

- The real HUB is the one showed on the image above.
- The shadow option refers to the shadow effect for the enrage mode (showed on the first video).
- Shadows for objects and characters haven’t been added.
- The background graphics are provisional; I (the programmer) made them for testing purposes.
Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 01:04:48 AM »

I updated the original post with some new stuff.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic