Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 04:27:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsOakland/Berkeley get together?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Oakland/Berkeley get together?  (Read 9747 times)
Innerscope
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2010, 04:31:30 PM »

looks like I got here a little too late...  Facepalm

Current Project: Wizard's Pie (iOS)
Future Project: Maiden Days (iOS)
Other Stuff: Blog
 & Web Site (Under Construction)
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2010, 06:51:26 PM »

^That sucks, man! I think you just missed us, or perhaps didn't notice us in the back Sad

Anyways, nice meeting all of you!

Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2010, 08:21:57 PM »

It was pretty fun, and excellent to meet some local TIGfolks! We should do it again sometime soon.  Gentleman  Hand Thumbs Up Right

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
Musenik
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2010, 10:11:42 PM »

It was great to meet you guys! Let's start a new thread for next month. I'm going to suggest a quieter place, though.

zez
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2010, 12:14:18 PM »

I just found this thread, but if it happens again Id be down. I live Oakland juuust outside of emeryville (Ghost town... hurrah)
If SF isnt a criteria, might I suggest Remedy in the Temescal? Decent part of oakland, fairly close to macarthur bart, so you can too/from nearly anywhere, nice comfy coffee shop, good coffee (its the same people as ritual) Not USUALLY super crowded, and pretty friendly and laid back staff.
Otherwise there is the Mediterranean in downtown berkeley, on telegraph. Kind of a walk from bart (not undo-able tho,) but they are huge, usually have fairly laid back staff working, tuns of outlets and wifi (specially upstairs,) and are the birthplace of the caffe latte. They are however, a little dingy and full of bums most of the time, and the coffee isnt great.
Zaphos
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2010, 05:22:09 PM »

Yes, great meeting you all Smiley

I think we'll do another one some time in late November or early December -- I'll start a new thread for it after TIGJAM3 if no one else does before then.
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2010, 06:15:40 PM »

Maybe we should call it SF/Bay Area meetup? Since SF seems to be the central location for most of us (that, and I'm biased Wink)

Chris Bell
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2010, 06:28:58 PM »

Despite recommending the venue, I didn't get to make it out there. IGF Student Competition is in a week and I'm cramming away in the grad studio. Next time though! And looking forward to seeing some of you at TIGJam.

Cool
Zaphos
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2010, 07:01:59 PM »

Yeah this time it was 66% misnamed apparently!  So a name change would make sense Smiley
Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2010, 03:49:08 PM »

I'm headed to the East Bay for Christmastime and it'd be bang-up awesome if we could have some kinda get-together in December/early January. I'll prolly be meeting up with Sparky now and again anyway.

Just sayin'.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic