Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:15:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosComposer Available for projects
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Composer Available for projects  (Read 2210 times)
robertlear
« on: October 08, 2010, 12:26:15 PM »

Hi my name is Robert Lear I'm a freelance composer and sound designer looking for paid projects, examples of my work can be seen at www.rlear.co.cc along with guide rates. No style or genre left untouched or too complicated!

I can be contacted through my site, through pm here or at:  [email protected]

critiques welcome
Look forward to hearing from you all.

Robert Lear
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 02:17:14 AM by robertlear » Logged
robertlear
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 02:27:54 AM »

all these views and no replies, well needless to say just finished up some projects currently still under NDA but all those looking for audio feel free to get in touch.

where are you all hiding! Smiley

Rob
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 11:09:50 PM »

Hello, Robert Smiley
Only a small percentage of the people viewing your thread are active posters, so don't take the view-reply ratio personally.
Your work is quite nice, and I wish you luck (though I don't know the standard price for composers; do they all price on a per-minute basis?). It seems like the tracks in your portfolio featuring guitar have a lot of underlying noise, though, which is really the only criticism I can provide. Durr...?

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
bauer
Level 1

Codes games & makes music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 02:31:19 AM »

Hey Robert! Beer!

I really like the music, lots of nice variation in the themes/melodies going on!

I'm a bit curious about the pricing, how come a 30 second track is more expensive than both a 60 second and a 180 second track? A tip would also be to sort the prices, from lowest to highest, as it feels a bit "random" right now.

Hope someone bites your request soon! Smiley

oganalp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 03:07:03 AM »

@Inane

Usually pricing in audio production is based on complexity and involvement of live elements and post production values like mixing, mastering. Per track pricing is better in my opinion, where you discuss every detail prior to making business. However, there is also a good sum of percentage of studios / audio producers who work on per minute basis.

Just wanted to give an answer as an audio guy. =)

www.oganalp.com - Composer, Singer.
robertlear
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 03:18:01 AM »

Thanks for the comments guys!

<To Inanes comment>
               <oganalp>
                      you beat me to it!

Most price per minute along with other factors such as time frame for delivery, live instrumentation required, quantity and variation of tracks etc. they are only guide as all rates are ultimatley negotiable.

as for underlying noise in some of the tracks I think what you are hearing is more the air between the instruments for example the guitar tracks use drums that have a lot of ambient room sound while some may consider this to be noise just as many would not

<To Bauers Comment>

I get asked this quite a lot about the pricing. my justification for this is that when composing 30 seconds of music to specification it can be more complex than creating say a peice of music that lasts 60 seconds or even 180 seconds as the music has a less time to develop so there are more restrictions as to what can be done in terms of getting to the point quickly.

Looking at the page now the rates do seem a little random being not in price order, will be fixed

It was my way of making it value for money in the long run for the client. for example if someone purchased a 30 second track and wished to re-use it for whatever purpose within for example a game, it could become rather repetitive whereas if 60 seconds was requested and purchased then being that you could quite easily have several changes in mood in 60 seconds then you would be able to slice the track and re-use/rearrange it without over repetition

I probably should add that to the site somewhere

I priced it by  how much i would like to be charged whilst understanding that I still needed to make money, whilst not leaving the clients wallet dry.

As for hoping somebody bites I wouldn’t mind it at all Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic