Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:19:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingKingdoms - web-based RPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Kingdoms - web-based RPG  (Read 1326 times)
Mutant
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2010, 05:12:28 PM »

Kingdoms, my web-based RPG, has had a fair bit of activity recently. Firstly, I've added a new feature where you can take over a town, and appoint one of your characters mayor. The mayor will be able to collect tax, hire town guards, and try to keep the town happy so they don't revolt.

Next, I've had someone helping me out with some artwork, so the game looks a lot better now, and has a few things like character portraits (with much more to come, I hope!)

Finally, we've just moved things over to a new server, so things run a bit faster now, and can support more players at once.

It's 100% free to play, there are no downloads, and we're slowing forming a community with some dedicated players discussing strategies in the forum and on IRC.

I'm looking for feedback, to build up the player base, and even some help if you're interested. So check it out: http://kingdoms-game.com/.

Here's the blurb:

Kingdoms is a "persistent world" role-playing game, where you control a party of characters, exploring a dynamic world, battling creatures, completing quests, discovering dungeons, and interacting with other parties.

Your party is made up of characters from 4 different classes - Warrior, Archer, Priest and Mage. As with most role-playing games, they're fairly puny to begin with, but after a few battles, and a few completed quests, they will increase in level, and can afford a some better weapons and armour. After a while, they'll even be strong enough to find and explore some of the dungeons scattered about the map, and they may even be able to afford to recruit new members to their ranks.

As your party gains in stature, they'll begin to have a greater impact on the world around them, helping to improve (or hinder!) the prosperity of towns, create landmarks, become involved in politics and many other actions you don't expect to find in a traditional RPG.

Your actions within the game are limited by turns, which are refreshed each day. If you don't use your turns on a particular day, they'll accumulate for a couple of days, meaning you don't have to log in every day.
DrOctapu
Level 0

Brutally modest.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 08:38:34 PM »

Sounds neat. And it's fun. Needs to be a way to loot weapons from corpses, though.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 08:46:45 PM by DrOctapu » Logged

Add me on...
 Desura | Steam
Mutant
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 11:43:55 PM »

Glad you like it.... you do sometimes get equipment from killing monsters... and the higher level you get the more likely you'll get some really cool stuff.
Mutant
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 10:00:43 PM »

Just updated with some new character portraits... now female characters actually *look* female Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic