Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:17:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCorona Celestia - (renamed from Empire browser game)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Corona Celestia - (renamed from Empire browser game)  (Read 6270 times)
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 04:55:25 AM »

Wicked Smiley

charon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 01:49:50 AM »

I managed to fill up our quota on the server without noticing, wiping out a portion of the game database and the forum in the process...  Embarrassed  Tongue I managed to save the game (minus three new players, sadly, and a few buildings) but alas the last three months of the forum are gone. It's really just a nasty combination of coincidences, otherwise I had everything backed up but recently we upgraded the forum but we never managed to find the time to upgrade the backup process as well, so...

But the really good news is that I now moved the game to a new server entirely under my control (it's just a PC box but it's already a lot faster and more stable than the old one). It's still in the process of installation and testing, so it might be on and off for a little longer, but you can try it out here:

http://integral.kicks-ass.net/empire

The forum is back as well, however all posts related to Corona are sadly gone. This shouldn't happen again since the forum and game are now running on separate machines, also we restored the backup service for both. For now it's once a day for the forum and twice a day for the game, later on the game will be backupped hourly.

Otherwise, the game is pretty much beta-stage now, once the server is stable I was thinking about going fully public, so if anyone can recommend any good sites/forums/directories that would be interested in this kind of game, please do I am fairly rusty in that department. Smiley

Thanks for all the feedback and support, and - have fun!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic