Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 04:00:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingI remember getting extremely bad critics here, GameVortex gave 89% rating :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: I remember getting extremely bad critics here, GameVortex gave 89% rating :)  (Read 20506 times)
codergames
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2010, 01:00:31 PM »

I got a lot of "constructive criticism" and feedback long time ago, I believe this is where it started:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=12949.15

... and it turns out all of them were full of s***

Be smart, be brutal, they're invading!
LazyWaffle
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2010, 01:03:10 PM »

I got a lot of "constructive criticism" and feedback long time ago, I believe this is where it started:

Your game got an 89%! Everyone who criticized your site's organization is now wrong!

Fantastic logic there. I admire how you manage to block out every single piece of feedback and tell everyone who wants to help you that they're wrong and full of shit.
RyanT
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2010, 01:04:13 PM »

Why return?

It is obvious that you refuse to give respect to anyone that decides to not praise your game. Respect works both ways, if you continue to say what we say is nonsense, do you honestly expect anything contructive to come out? I suggest going back to the communities which praise your space invaders game.

But I must ask, why return?

http://www.terrortreehouse.com
A collection of science fiction short stories by Ryan Taylor.
codergames
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2010, 01:05:08 PM »

No I got 3 good ratings from 3 different sites and not a single good from you here, which definitely is a proof of how you guys work here ... do I need to draw it for you? It should be more than obvious.

... and only a fool could have respect for your "constructive criticism" Smiley

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2010, 01:05:35 PM »

@codergames

even if they were wrong in their criticism, that's no excuse to make fun of their games and make an entire thread just to laugh at them. perhaps they were just wrong in their criticism, so what? why create a bad natured thread just to rub it in their faces? regardless of whether they were wrong or not, they weren't posting to be malevolent, they were posting to help you out. and you thank them like this?

No I got 3 good ratings from 3 different sites and not a single good from you here, which definitely is a proof of how you guys work here ... do I need to draw it for you? It should be more than obvious.

that's exactly what we're saying, that the purpose of the feedback forum is to point out areas in your game in which you can improve. the purpose is to focus on the tiny parts of the game that are bad to help you improve them. perhaps if you had listened you'd have gotten 99% instead of just 89%. Smiley

deathtotheweird
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2010, 01:06:15 PM »

That was not shit feedback, those were very valid and extremely helpful. You ignored them as a personal insult to your game, instead of understanding that yes your game and website has flaws.

Your attitude is not necessary, lock this thread and go about your business elsewhere. This is only going to further embarrass you as being a childish little brat who can't take a tiny bit of helpful criticism.

The purpose of the feedback sub-forums isn't to shower you with compliments, that would be a shit use of the feedback board.
LazyWaffle
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2010, 01:06:58 PM »

Take a look at Cellulose's post. Developers =/= gamers. In addition, you posted the topic with intent of getting constructive feedback, not praise, as opposed to the site the review was on.
RyanT
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2010, 01:07:39 PM »

Argumentum ad populum

Person A, B, and C say X is good while Person D says X is average, therefore Person D is wrong.

It is obvious Codergames is most likely a troll who is getting a kick out of us arguing with him. The best thing to do is to ignore the troll, he'll eventually go away.

codergames
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2010, 01:08:50 PM »

I provided 3 proofs of how your "constructive criticism" is a pile of s*** ... what else do you want? That's the only reason I came back, to show the World how full of it you are. Really, what does it take for someone to understand something as simple as that?

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2010, 01:10:36 PM »

Makes since, this is why Miyamoto didn't have to work so hard.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2010, 01:11:58 PM »

Makes since, this is why Miyamoto didn't have to work so hard.

this

deathtotheweird
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2010, 01:12:20 PM »

I provided 3 proofs of how your "constructive criticism" is a pile of s*** ... what else do you want? That's the only reason I came back, to show the World how full of it you are. Really, what does it take for someone to understand something as simple as that?

Damn, harsh. You really showed us huh.

Well, you go off having a great life with your extremely good and popular and well-selling game while we sit here and rummage around our own feces trying to bash every single developer we see that isn't a part of our little 'in' group.
LazyWaffle
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2010, 01:13:19 PM »

It's not that hard to understand, it just baffles me that someone can be so immature and shallow as to do that. Even if the criticism you got was "full of shit", this isn't the right way to handle it.
codergames
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2010, 01:16:32 PM »

Someone had to be brave enough to disclose your doings. At least my games are selling and I work totally alone, while your little group, which is trying to establish a monopoly on the indie market, controlling and advertising only your "developers", will fail ... you'll see ... why? ... because you walk path of evil and evil will be crushed ... plus you're full of s***

RyanT
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2010, 01:19:14 PM »

Someone had to be brave enough to disclose your doings. At least my games are selling and I work totally alone, while your little group, which is trying to establish a monopoly on the indie market, controlling and advertising only your "developers", will fail ... you'll see ... why? ... because you walk path of evil and evil will be crushed ... plus you're full of s***

Did you not say your game hasn't been selling too well as of late? Only 1 sale in the past few months? Sounds like you're doing quite well buddy!

Just so you know, there are many members within this community who are doing a lot better than you financially, thanks to their game. I am not sure where you get your statistics from.

Bad troll is bad.

iffi
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2010, 01:19:56 PM »

Did they say your game is perfect? I doubt it, otherwise you would have gotten a 100% instead of an 89%. That shows you have room to improve, which is what the Feedback forum is for. If you are unwilling to listen to how you could improve, you're not going to get above that 89%.
Also, calm down, we're not against you, or at least we weren't until you started trying to rub it in our faces and make personal attacks.

If you feel that your game is good enough, that's fine with me, you don't have to listen to the feedback, but that doesn't mean they're trying to trash your game.
LazyWaffle
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2010, 01:23:47 PM »

Oh shit guys, he knows our plan! Go to the headquarters, we need to further the facade of friendliness so no more people uncover that we are, indeed, an evil syndicate dedicated to taking over the indie scene. Quick, bash his game with more constructive criticism before he tells anyone else!
codergames
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2010, 01:25:40 PM »

Well according to "constructive criticism" I got here, before the game was released, I had no game. And now, I got 89% ... you're full of s*** as usual.

And my game was selling well in the beginning, without any advertisement or promotion. My other games are selling as well. I'm not backed up by some monopolistic indie game community, blog machinery, that's trying to sell s*** as something beautiful.

Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2010, 01:27:11 PM »

Shit.

Ok guys, give up the schtick. The gig is up. Our secret indie backroom consortium is collapsing. Yes our price fixing maneuvers from $10 to $15 to $20 worked masterfully, and our "pay what you want" scams were even more successful, but it seems we've been had.

Someone tell Derek to turn off the "other developers" filter to our advertising shell companies and let's turn the "path" auto-pilot a few clicks more towards good.

Our doings have been officially disclosed.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2010, 01:27:29 PM »

you're full of s*** as usual.

NO U
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic