Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:47:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingEscape from Quaoar
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Escape from Quaoar  (Read 3238 times)
mitridas
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2010, 04:52:11 AM »

Hi to all,
in this topic I'm unveiling a secret game my team is developing from the beginning of this year.
For now there isn't a public demo available but someday we will release it for linux and windows.
In the meantime you can watch the official trailer and our website:
http://www.escapefromquaoar.com/

Thank you !!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 04:51:24 AM by mitridas » Logged

wilbefast
Level 1

I am the cat who walks by himself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 08:36:11 AM »

First up I just want to say: thanks for supporting Linux Hand Metal LeftWell, hello there! Hand Metal Right

Demo looks really interesting - not enough games have decent physics, probably because it's tricky to program. Seems to me like the sort of thing you can have great fun just messing around with, though we'll have to wait and see.
In terms of constructive criticism, all I can say right now is that the blood looks a bit "funky" Durr...?

I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Aramil87
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 12:13:18 PM »

Hey! I'm the man behind the graphics Ninja This is my first project, so maybe you'll notice "some" artistic mistakes. Grin But since we'll keep working on this, feel free to give us some feedback!!  Hand Thumbs Up Right Thank you!!

Aramil
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 05:27:01 PM »

The game looks interesting, though it seems the physics gameplay may be quite chaotic at one point. The graphics could use some more contrast in some of those areas. They might blend a little too easily.

Not much more that can be said from the trailer.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 11:39:24 PM »

From what I can see on the trailer, the movement could get a little annoying, it looks like it's hard to do what you want with the rope. On the upside, the level of rope physics detail is nice, I like the way it gets cut by enemy fire.

RandyO
Level 0

I should laugh out loud more.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 11:48:51 PM »

very curious-looking.  I agree with the art comment, there should be stronger contrast between the foreground and other layers.  you can keep it metallic while still adding some sort of color scheme, since it all feels very gray right now.

I've no conception of the gameplay without playing, but does look tough to control.  cool idea of a wheel and a rope, though. Smiley

looks intriguing!

Aramil87
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 01:30:09 AM »

Hey thank u for your feedback!  Grin You're right, the colors are very grey and the contrast is bad  Noir, in the next days I'll be working on this, trying to make it more colourful and polished. Maybe i'll make some big changes, I've improved my knowledge of the indie world, as well as my abilities in these 2 months i've been working on this  Hand Any Key, so I'm ready for the next level. If some indieveteran has some advice, I would really appreciate it! Thank you all!! In the future a demo will be available, so stay tuned! I guarantee that playing this is really fun!!  Well, hello there!

Thank you all!!  Beer!

Aramil 
mitridas
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 08:23:44 AM »

Yeah thank you for the comments!!
About the difficulty of the game, yes it's hardcore so it requires the right amount of patience... but we kept the control system at the simplest so it's not hard to start.
The interesting fact is that the learning curve is very very long so if you play for a lot of time you can learn to do amazing tricks with the rope!!
The gameplay is based on the typical situation: "doh I failed again but I can make it... just try.. another... time...."
I take the chance to post a screenie Smiley

Aramil87
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 05:23:55 PM »

Hey that screenshot was used for the IGF :D Hand Thumbs Up Left Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right
Levelup
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 05:36:25 PM »

Hey, i watched the 3 videos you posted on youtube. The gameplay video is really laggy, but it seems to become an interesting project. Maybe you could add some coins or gems or arcade stuff to make it more colourful. Good luck for the IGF guys Wink (Where's a Demo??  Well, hello there!)
Aramil87
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 06:18:24 PM »

The gameplay video is laggy, I know...I'll post a new one in the next days, with all the new things we've done in the past weeks. Maybe Mitridas is already working on some "arcade stuff" we'll see  Shocked  Wink Rumors: playable demo is coming soon  Cool
Aramil87
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 06:21:21 PM »

Oh here are the links to the youtube videos:

Official IGF trailer:

Elevator Pitch for IGC:

Gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0CyAeSc-30

mitridas
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 05:03:39 AM »

Here is our entry page on the IGF site !!

http://www.igf.com/php-bin/entry2011.php?id=254

This is so exciting Smiley

mitridas
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 04:46:44 AM »

Hi guys... I have good news.
We have just updated the website and now there is a playable alpha version of the game.
You can check it out right now from
http://www.escapefromquaoar.com
There are 26 levels of hardcore physics platforming... enjoy Smiley

Cheezmeister
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 09:37:36 AM »

Wooh, a Linux game! Props for remembering us 'nix hippies! SDL makes it so easy. Let you know how it is, if it finishes downloading before the next ice age.

EDIT couldn't load it. Looks like the Ubuntu repository is still rockin' GLEW 1.5.2. I'll try a manual install...eventually.
Code:
cheezmeister@cornelius-xv:~/stuff/Quaoar$ ./Quaoar-linux32 
./Quaoar-linux32: symbol lookup error: ./Quaoar-linux32: undefined symbol: __GLEW_VERSION_3_3
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 06:33:51 AM by Cheezmeister » Logged

෴Me෴ @chzmstr | www.luchenlabs.com ቒMadeቓ RA | Nextris | Chromathud   ᙍMakingᙌCheezus II (Devlog)
mitridas
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 02:03:01 PM »

Yep, the game needs GLEW-1.5.8.
I could link it statically and release an updated package.

kidchameleon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 02:13:24 PM »

Looks like allot of fun. I like the graphics style. Looking forward to trying this out..
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic