Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411501 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:52:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHartacon Tactics - Beta on STEAM
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: Hartacon Tactics - Beta on STEAM  (Read 31567 times)
Charlie Fleed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2017, 11:06:37 AM »

Beta testers needed, online matches and maps sharing. Join the discussion on Steam.

What's up everybody! It's been a while!

As you maybe know, Hartacon Tactics is pretty much a one-man project, which at times impacts the momentum of development, especially when the aim is to deliver a nice and refined game. As the title suggests, I have been working on the most requested feature, online gameplay, and I am happy to bring to you a beta that includes online matches, a fragment of the survival single player campaign, and the full online map editor.
At this moment I need people who would like to test the beta and give feedback. This beta will eventually improve and become public and available as the demo of the game.

A few notes on what to expect.

1) Steam integration is still not there, so in order to play online, you'll have to register an account through the game itself and you'll get a randomly generated password sent on the provided email.

2) You can play with a gamepad or the keyboard (keyboard mappings are shown inside the game).

3) Keyboard is still not supported to type in names, passwords, etc, so you'll see a console style input window. Please bear with me, keyboard support is in the works!

4) Compared to the XBOX360 version, gameplay has been rebalanced, with the main changes being
- increased range for bows
- reduced amount of MPs
- more powerful support attacks
- a few more skills and equipments

5) For online matches you can create your team hiring characters from a list that is the same for everybody. You have a limited budget and you can tweak your characters a little bit by buying equipment and spending some Upgrade Points.

6) You can share the maps you create with the community. Your creations will be available for everyone to appreciate and download.

So, how do you get your hands on the beta? I have got some keys to distribute to whom steps forward and is excited to play a role in making Hartacon Tactics great! So get in touch with me, reply to this thread, and I'll send you the key.

If you have feedback, you run into bugs, or you are having any technical difficulties, just post here!

I hope you enjoy the game!

-- Charlie

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/390964051/1488631291

Charlie Fleed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2017, 11:53:54 AM »

Beta v7.9, better mouse support and key bindings
8 SEPTEMBER - CHARLIE.FLEED

Hey everyone, default and current branches have both been updated to Beta v.7.9. Here's what's new:

- added configurable key bindings
- fixed a bug affecting movement in rotated maps
- fixed a bug that made non targeted characters flash
- improved mouse support with on-map selection of movement and attack/skill target
- added option to disable mouse

Configurable key bindings have been requested, you'll see there's a new Keyboard entry in the main menu.

Mouse support in battle has been improved with in-map target selection. That applies to character movement, attacks and skills. The arrows are now only used for directional skills and to decide which way you want your character to face when defending.

If you don't actually use the mouse, it can be a bit in your way, so I added an option to disable it.

It's been reported that characters may be hard to see when the battle is too cluttered, and I agree with that. One of the reasons is that characters are quite big and they cover each other, so a scale factor may appear in the future for a little correction.

I am also playing with some other ideas in my mind for passive abilities and character development, something that goes beyond just stats, something in XCOM style.

In the meantime I hope you all enjoy the update.

Ciao,
Charlie

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic