Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:34:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHartacon Tactics - Beta on STEAM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Hartacon Tactics - Beta on STEAM  (Read 31552 times)
Charlie Fleed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2012, 07:38:19 AM »

This is how the skills shop should look like, aside from the background that will be changed:

here the previous version:

Charlie Fleed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2012, 02:32:20 PM »

GUI stuff.

Charlie Fleed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2012, 10:39:29 PM »

Questions about the game please. XD
No, I'm kidding, isn't it obvious? I paid good money for this stuff, I'm just protecting my investment.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2012, 02:42:49 AM »

Looks pretty - can't wait to see more  Shocked

Charlie Fleed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2012, 04:46:24 AM »

Looks pretty - can't wait to see more  Shocked

more XD

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2012, 06:20:28 AM »

I'm thinking about mobiles... Android... iPhone...

Why not develop for WindowsPhone?
XNA is native, the biggest problem would be the screen size 800x480.

Not a big concern, but the market share of Windows Phone mobiles is rather low... this why I am looking at those two.
And it's a desert in the WP market. Lots of room to grow in. Apple and Google Play are crowded.

Just sayin'.

And your work deserves to be admired.

Yeah.
Charlie Fleed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2012, 02:39:26 PM »

Some classes concept art (by Douglas Draco):

Axeman

Martial Artist

Swordman

Archer

Charlie Fleed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2012, 10:47:19 AM »

New screen

Charlie Fleed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2012, 01:23:01 PM »

The game now has a campaign on Indiegogo.
http://www.indiegogo.com/hartacon-tactics/x/1985060
I begun testing on XBOX. Everything fine after fixing a couple of lines of unsupported code.
I fired my 3d artist because he wasn't working at all and was annoyingly late to reply to messages, so I started looking again.
http://cghub.com/jobs/view/1450/

Charlie Fleed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2013, 02:40:07 AM »

I am releasing the Map Editor to the public. It comes with a watermarked version of the tileset. Noir People can make maps and submit them for review to be included in the game by sending them to [email protected]. Here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?uhwiug70eh9ybb2

Charlie Fleed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2013, 06:37:52 AM »

A nice map made by Melosx!

I am working on the AI. Right now I'm testing the feasibility of the brute-force approach, i.e. I'm considering all the possible moves, which include character movement and action (skill, attack, guard), and trying to assign them a score based on a few criteria, then selecting the best one based on these scores. It takes a few seconds to complete the process... Although all my characters have all the moves right now, just for testing purposes, I don't know if I'll follow this path...

bluecollarart
Level 0

Every game deserves a look.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2013, 02:25:35 PM »

This is right up my alley. My favorite part of games like FFT and Disgaea is recruiting newbies and growing them over the course of the game. Is there going to be a class-change system, or are characters locked into their class? Anyway, it's really looking good, Charlie. Love the art. I really hope you do consider Android, there aren't enough TRPGs on there. (and maybe ouya, too Wink)
Charlie Fleed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2013, 03:23:08 AM »

I am indeed considering a class change system.
The idea is that each class will have different costs to improve its stats. Let's say increasing the INT stat, used for white magic, will cost less for a healer than a tank for example. That means that if you want a tank with a good healing spell you may consider having it pursue a career as a healer in the beginnning. Smiley Changing class will have a cost too.
Nothing is written in stone at this moment though, I am not sure that this feature will be implemented in the first release, mainly because I have three female classes and five male ones, wouldn't it be weird having an attractive archer elf-girl named RAOUL!?!?
I would need male/female couples for each class...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 03:45:38 AM by Charlie Fleed » Logged

Charlie Fleed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2013, 10:23:34 AM »

The Indiegogo campaign is going really slow, and I mean ssslllloooowwww.
I guess either the project is not appealing, or the presentation is poor, or the perks are not interesting...
Any advice, guys?

kurtkz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2013, 10:45:34 AM »

Your project looks fantastic, but I think people may be put off by the intangible rewards. Maybe you should consider extra tiers with exclusive hard copy content? Manuals, cards, sketchbooks, etc. in addition to a free copy of the game.
jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2013, 07:28:17 PM »

I highly recommend that you move your campaign to Kickstarter. That gets a substantial amount of more traffic. If you cannot host it yourself, then find someone close who can. Besides that, I agree your rewards are weak. I suggest looking at other successful projects. Definitely need to include a copy of the game. A soundtrack is another code reward. Digital rewards are best in my opinion (they are much cheaper) but do what makes sense for your project.

Several months back I ran a kickstarter and learned quite a bit from that. You can read about our experience on this blog post we made. I hope that helps!

Charlie Fleed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2013, 01:39:33 PM »

I highly recommend that you move your campaign to Kickstarter. That gets a substantial amount of more traffic. If you cannot host it yourself, then find someone close who can. Besides that, I agree your rewards are weak. I suggest looking at other successful projects. Definitely need to include a copy of the game. A soundtrack is another code reward. Digital rewards are best in my opinion (they are much cheaper) but do what makes sense for your project.

Several months back I ran a kickstarter and learned quite a bit from that. You can read about our experience on this blog post we made. I hope that helps!

Your project looks fantastic, but I think people may be put off by the intangible rewards. Maybe you should consider extra tiers with exclusive hard copy content? Manuals, cards, sketchbooks, etc. in addition to a free copy of the game.

Thanks for the advice. The only problem is that being Hartacon Tactics an XBOX Live Indie Game I cannot give free copies...

A soundtrack? I don't get it. What do you mean, jmcmorris?

jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2013, 04:50:06 PM »

I assume you are making this with XNA. Why could it not run on Windows at least? With MonoGame you could port it over to mac and linux. I would highly recommend porting your game especially since Xbox360 is close to its EOL (end of life) and Microsoft is dropping XNA support. If porting is extra time that you don't really have due to funds you could increase your goal and say that some of the funds would go towards the port.

Are you going to have an original soundtrack (original music) for Hartacon Tactics? That is a very nice reward because it is free for you (digitally) and a good incentive for people to bump their pledge to support you more.

Hartacon Tactics is a very beautiful looking game and good PC tactical RPGs are always welcomed so I'm sure on Kickstarter you could reach your goal. Smiley

Charlie Fleed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2013, 11:25:39 AM »

Yes, it's XNA, which means it runs on Windows, but in order to have network multiplayer on a Windows version I need to implement a server.
It's basically what I had done with the old RPG Maker version, the server still runs by the way, it's a Google App written in Python.

Charlie Fleed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2013, 08:54:20 AM »

First 3D models!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic