Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411424 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:10:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCrusader ~ By Smokingspoon
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Crusader ~ By Smokingspoon  (Read 2926 times)
smokingspoon
Level 0

Fran

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2010, 04:15:14 PM »

Howdy !

Here's  another unlockable game( along with "Depth" ) in "Melias Canon: The Melting Fortress". (Not out yet )
This one took me more time to elaborate and to draw than Depth.

It is called Crusader !

The game take place after the total annihilation of our planet Earth . The biggest ship we had was lucky enough to evacuate some human and animal lifeforms.

The game is a classic shoot'em up , much like raiden! But instead of a small ship , you begin with the mother ship .Eventually , you will lose the M.S. and evacuate in the cockpit section . Here's a little picture I have made to explain better.

Every time you lose a ship or arrive at a important event, the in-game message HUD will say something different, like :"Incoming Crusader" " Farewell ...my love.." you get the point Wink
<--- This colossal man is named Epsilon. He's refered also as "The World Eater" . And is likely the one responsible for Earth destruction . But he's working for an even greater entity . ( In the "explaining board" you can see the mother ship and all other ship in a very smaller size. Meaning that at some point you will encounter something incredibly huge  Well, hello there!!

The game work with score . If you beat it , you can start over the quest and stack your point ( But I'm not sure yet, what to do to increased the challange on the second playthrough  Hand Pencil Concerned). If you manage to keep the Mother ship untill the end , it also give extra stuff.
There is 4 ship:
-Mother ship
-Cockpit Section
-Escape shuttle
-Astronaut

Each of them have a different gun and a special ability powered by Power-Up .The Mother ship may have more shielding, but it's size make it tough to avoid incoming attack, so its main attack are plasma shot , which destroy any incoming projectile .( The M.S. cannot move, can only aim with the 2 cannon, but I have to test this further.)
The astronaut can suffer only one shot , but he's incredibly swift and determined , particularly after his home world being destroyed and his wife killed , hehe. (The astronaut is only on pixel large in the "small size" version , I have to try this right away to be sure it don't cause problem)
Some gameplay concept will be an ordeal at programming though (I think).

That's it! Hope you like it , but you will still have to unlock them in Melias Canon  Wink. All the unlockable are hidden in-game (Melias canon is a metroidvania game.)

Keep an eye open for this member http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?action=profile;u=39123 He is the one doing the receptacle for Crusader and many other mini-game from various author !

« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 05:01:29 PM by smokingspoon » Logged

Check out my creations https://twitter.com/Smokingspoon
I'm also known as Xena.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic