Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:45:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFOTONICA
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: FOTONICA  (Read 27032 times)
tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2010, 06:45:51 AM »

What's that yellow screenshot?
santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2010, 07:22:45 AM »

Awwww! You were missing the best feature of the game Sad

when you reach a certain speed (travelling flawlessly in the level) you enter the GOLD MODE (nananana: cheesy!)

screen gets distorted, sounds shift, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

please try it now!

XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2010, 01:53:14 PM »

this is great Smiley  Really dig the look and also really enjoyable to play, my only bit of feedback at the moment is there are times where it feels like I need a greater sense of weight/inertia. There was a case where I just missed landing on an edge and hit the surface facing me, it kind of just made me stop in place and slowly drop to the ground, it would be cool if there was a more kinetic feel to that impact, while still feeling like the flow I had going through the path was interrupted.
Are you animating the camera using Unity's animation timeline?
and did you achieve the slightly low-res look by rendering to a texture that was a certain size?

santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2011, 07:15:05 PM »

this is great Smiley  Really dig the look and also really enjoyable to play, my only bit of feedback at the moment is there are times where it feels like I need a greater sense of weight/inertia. There was a case where I just missed landing on an edge and hit the surface facing me, it kind of just made me stop in place and slowly drop to the ground, it would be cool if there was a more kinetic feel to that impact, while still feeling like the flow I had going through the path was interrupted.
Are you animating the camera using Unity's animation timeline?
and did you achieve the slightly low-res look by rendering to a texture that was a certain size?

Hello XRA!
We hear you about the wall-in-your-face problem, we might be adding an animation.
And yes, we animated the camera using unity animation curves!
The low res look is solely achieved through shaders, but rendering to texture is a cool way to give your games a 32bit era look.

We have a big announcement to make:

THE HANDS ARE BACK!

We are animating these beautiful hands (and arms too!) as we speak.

Also: the random level is now  100% done, it lets us influence the level design rhythm while keeping the randomness.
The tutorial is also in the making.

Let us know what you think!

SR

ink.inc
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2011, 05:40:40 PM »

I really, really love the way this looks.

I'll tell you how it plays as soon as I can.
santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2011, 04:31:14 PM »

I really, really love the way this looks.

I'll tell you how it plays as soon as I can.

Thank you!

Here is a preview of the achievements/trophies we are putting in:

AH the menu is also new

ink.inc
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2011, 04:48:29 PM »

Unfortunately, the game does not work properly on my laptop. All I see are a bunch of lines and white boxes where they shouldn't be. But don't worry- my laptop is ~5 years old and not really built for gaming.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2011, 04:49:42 PM »

Achievement unlocked: Hit your face on a wall and come to a dead stop in all levels.
santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2011, 06:04:51 PM »

that's still a big problem...don't remind us  Cry !!

santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2011, 05:30:29 PM »

Unfortunately, the game does not work properly on my laptop. All I see are a bunch of lines and white boxes where they shouldn't be. But don't worry- my laptop is ~5 years old and not really built for gaming.

: (  Could you please take a screenshot of that?

ink.inc
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2011, 05:34:56 PM »

No problem:

Pocketninja
Level 0

Pocketninja - Kurt Waldowski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2011, 05:48:55 PM »

Glad to see this resurface; its very entertaining! It took me a bit to get use to the timing, but once I got the hang of it, I seemed to do quite well.

The phoenix of Tales; nice!

And btw, the "gold mode" is the tits.  Well, hello there!

santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2011, 04:24:41 PM »

FOTONICA MOVES TO KONGREGATE http://www.kongregate.com/games/SantaRagione/fotonica

We decided to participate in the unity contest...who knows! :D ; game is quite ready now, hands are back, random is rollin' and score system is working as well as achievements, there for those who want to test themselves with high numbers!

this is the fotonica "face", it's now static but it's meant to evolve depending on how much you play the game. ( evolve = more definition = more circles ) ...will be implemented soon.

some achievement icons:

we tried to find a way in-between game aesthetic and some low def / pixel images ...you know, we like the ugly 3D of the '90s and we will bring you more!

Obviously, hands!!! we couldn't live without them!

Speaking of TUTORIAL and RANDOM, took us quite some time (and help by "il sumero" king of coders ) to figure out how to develop an independent level, specially in the tutorial, where the lvl is generated no matter what, since you should not be able die! If you're interested, we'll might take some time to explain what and how we built the endless/tutorial mode in the next days.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2011, 09:58:36 PM »

fantastic. the hands are wonderful, and the main menu is great.

good luck for the contest

oh, and any chance on a separate downloadable version? Would love to run it in full screen. Kinda ruins immersion when I have to run it in browser Sad
Acid
Level 1

A ninja is you!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2011, 10:39:45 PM »

Stunningly beautiful and amazingly fun. This game has eaten hours of my life and I am not disappointed in the slightest.
santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2011, 07:53:27 AM »

No problem:

Ah in the kong build we put a quality setting option, as I think your video card might not support shaders2.0 this should solve the problem and let you play a version of the game

Thanks everybody for your impressions! 

About a standalone build: we are looking into it; if the game gets a 3.5 score on kongregate we will develop a full version both for mac/pc and idevices!

Helmeted
Level 0

Death Panelist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2011, 02:20:22 PM »

I see you got on Rock, Paper, Shotgun today. Good on you!

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2011, 06:55:11 AM »

Beer! congrats guys, great game, really addicting. Best luck for the Kong unity contest, you deserve to win

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2011, 04:44:51 PM »

Beer! congrats guys, great game, really addicting. Best luck for the Kong unity contest, you deserve to win

Eh that would be amazing, also it would mean we can work on our next game  Embarrassed

berareu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2011, 05:43:12 PM »

Italian: Vi hanno fatto un articolo su Kotaku, avete visto?  Grin
Buona fortuna ragazzi! Fa piacere vedere altri sviluppatori italiani! Appena riesco provo il gioco!  Smiley

English: They wrote an article about your game on Kotaku, did you see it? Grin
Good luck guys! Nice to see other italian developers! I'll try the game as soon as I can! Smiley

I wrote in both cause I don't know if it's allowed to speak different languages than english on TIGSource  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic