Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 01:28:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralDo you smoke?
Poll
Question: Do you smoke tobacco?
No, never - 221 (63.7%)
I used to but I quit - 23 (6.6%)
On occasion, but not every day - 33 (9.5%)
Yes, daily - 25 (7.2%)
Yeah, but I'm trying to quit - 8 (2.3%)
I smoke other stuff, but not cigarettes - 37 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 290

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: Do you smoke?  (Read 35675 times)
Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: January 30, 2011, 05:02:17 AM »

If you are new smoke, stop now!
Smoking for year is nothing...it's weak habbit.

I've started smoking 8 years ago or something (yes, I didn't even finish primary school) and it was something new back then, something new to with friends and noone even thought about consiquences (yes, we knew about cancer and all that, but cigarate or two per day were innocent) after some years I was regular smoker in addiction who tried to stop smoking few times a year but with failure.

Then, it was a time that I stop smoking for 4 or 5 months but then it was the party with schoolmates when we finished secondary school and I made few somkes but I didn't feel need after that and because of that I light another cigarate week after that thinking (well, it was ok last week, it can't hurt this time) and then it was 2 cig and then 3, 4, 5...and I started again. 3 years passed since then and I'm still here, smoking daily.

Even if I stop smoking for 5 months back then it was because of a particualr girl but that's not the thing -> You have to stop smoking for yourself! Addicition is one of the biggest fights you'll have in your life because it's fight with yourself and how can someone beat own self? Quite hard...Cigarates = addiction + habit and that sucks.

If you ever think about stop smoking don't say "Ok, I have 4 left...I'll smoke this 4 and then stop." No! Throw pack away if you are serious about that decision. That worked best for me so far... but I'm still here, not brave enough to throw away something stupid and sometimes I feel soooo weak because of that  Concerned

Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: January 30, 2011, 05:13:24 AM »

best way to quit smoking? cheap, terrible korean cigarettes. I'm two packs deep into them -- hopefully I'll develop a pavlovian response to the point I associate their disgustingness with smoking.

I'll probably use snus to taper off eventually.

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: January 30, 2011, 05:38:21 AM »

I bought the first pack in half a year on new years eve. A month passed and I'm 4 cigarettes into the pack. I've been smoking this way for two years now and don't see why should I stop.

I probably shouldn't write this though, or some people might get the impression that smoking is innocent and you can do it as much as you want. But it all depends on the person, and you can never really know you won't get addicted until you already are.

Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: January 30, 2011, 06:49:24 AM »

It's weird that people are suprised there's so many non-smokers here. I'm surprised that there aren't more.
There's a smoking ban in England though so I don't have to worry to much about passive smoking. I'm seriously paranoid though. Even passing smoke in the street I have to hold my breath...  Crazy
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 30, 2011, 06:54:02 AM »

It's weird that people are suprised there's so many non-smokers here.
Non-smokers are the majority. I'm not sure where the notion that most people smoke comes from. Probably because it's often easy to tell that someone is a smoker at first sight, whereas that's almost impossible for non-smokers.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: January 30, 2011, 11:01:57 AM »

I'm physically allergic to this addiction shit, I can't even drink tea or coffee without getting crazy headaches.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
simono
Level 1

screen.blit(fun)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: January 30, 2011, 01:23:15 PM »

well, nicotine does have a weak physical addiction but that is "easy" to overcome in days.

as other have said: the habits are harder to kick.  Cool
emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: January 30, 2011, 03:05:04 PM »

I smoke (not tobacco) occasionally with friends or at concerts, but I've been trying to quit.  I don't know, maybe I should try getting high on Peptobismol like Fox News says all high schoolers are doing these days.
That last bit was sarcasm, BTW.  But it was on Fox News.

Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: January 30, 2011, 08:12:30 PM »

Because Fox News never lies about anything.

Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2011, 03:19:09 AM »

i think my smoking is a passive form of self-loathing. it's either that or i've been reading far too much pictures for sad children lately.

Netsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: January 31, 2011, 04:14:51 AM »

I smoke (not tobacco) occasionally with friends or at concerts, but I've been trying to quit.

Out of curiosity - because of the legal or health risks? Or maybe you have some another motivation to quit?

Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: January 31, 2011, 06:14:01 AM »

I peruse the hookah with the cherry tobacco perfumy crazy puffy clouds of smoke-ness when my friends bring it.

I used to think that it had less nicotine than cigarettes but I was wrong. For some reason I keep smoking it with my friends cause the slight nico kick makes me comfortably dizzy and when I breathe puffy smoke I pretend I'm some kind of dragon human.

And the scent is delightful.

Calling it a 'hookah' though amuses me greatly. Word looks too much like hooker :D

I only do it like ... 8 times a year, max. So I don't think it's gonna affect me?

I'll never touch cigarettes.
Netsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: January 31, 2011, 06:36:25 AM »

Hookas are just too delicious... If I had one I'd probably smoke it every day, or at least every week. And that would probably kill me cause I think one session with a hookah is MUCH worse than one cigarette.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 31, 2011, 06:42:14 AM »

I smoke (not tobacco) occasionally with friends or at concerts, but I've been trying to quit.  I don't know, maybe I should try getting high on Peptobismol like Fox News says all high schoolers are doing these days.
Dude, Jenkem is where it's at.
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2011, 06:44:04 AM »

Everybody do Jenkem.

(Yes, that is a balloon on top of a bottle of poop).

medieval
« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2011, 06:51:27 AM »

I smoke pot, and quite enjoy it.

This is only done in weekends, and after two years of smoking I have never felt any cravings for weed during weekdays.

Although I am kind of starting to wonder if it's really worth spending the money on. It's not as much fun as it used to be.
Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2011, 07:19:24 AM »

hookah

Yesss.
brb buying things again
Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2011, 07:28:46 AM »

Oops ' D '

Enjoy!
Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: January 31, 2011, 07:37:45 AM »

I smoke pot, and quite enjoy it.

This is only done in weekends, and after two years of smoking I have never felt any cravings for weed during weekdays.

Although I am kind of starting to wonder if it's really worth spending the money on. It's not as much fun as it used to be.

take a break man, once your tolerance goes down you'll get super baked. and, uh, who exactly are you man? you're level 10 but i swear i haven't seen you before.

and yeah, hookah's are great.

Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2011, 11:21:04 AM »

and I'm off

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic