Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:12:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralDo you smoke?
Poll
Question: Do you smoke tobacco?
No, never - 221 (63.7%)
I used to but I quit - 23 (6.6%)
On occasion, but not every day - 33 (9.5%)
Yes, daily - 25 (7.2%)
Yeah, but I'm trying to quit - 8 (2.3%)
I smoke other stuff, but not cigarettes - 37 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 290

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
Print
Author Topic: Do you smoke?  (Read 35245 times)
rob
Level 8

all 'bout Zumba (absolute pro @ Zumba)

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: November 05, 2011, 11:09:25 PM »

Screenwriter and funny guy (these don't overlap, unfortunately) Tom Lennon was smoking three packs a day and quit cold turkey by telling himself he'd start again when he's super old and ready to die. That tickled me.

dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 06, 2011, 12:41:43 AM »

I can't imagine ever smoking basically because I use my lungs a lot (running and other cardiovascular exercise) and wouldn't want them to deteriorate in any way.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 06, 2011, 03:16:24 AM »

That's good. I wish that I had never started smoking at all. The funny thing is that I was always vehemently against smoking (once threw a pack of my parents cigs out the wondows) and never really smoked until I turned 19 (7 years ago now). After my first girlfriend and I broke up I started smoking Black & Milds about once or twice a day and then gradually started smoking a cigarette or two whenever I was around people I could bum them off of. My only piece of mind is that I haven't smoked as long comparatively to other smokers and that I typically don't smoke more than 3-4 cigarettes in a day, if at all.

Although, the only noticeable side-effects that smoking has produced for me is only a slight bit of yellowing to my teeth and the awful taste in my mouth after smoking the night before. I still don't like to think of what may or may not be going on inside my body, however. These days I am trying to cut back, but it is not easy. The problem is that I enjoy the act of smoking, just not smoking tobacco. I tend to smoke more tobacco when I run out of herb which is often.

This thread has inspired me though. I really need to just bite the bullet and stop once and for all. There is anything that I enjoy about it and I hate to think of the toll that smoking is taking on my body.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: November 06, 2011, 06:35:55 AM »

If I'll ever start smoking it is when I am 80 year old professor with meter long white beard. Also, pipe tobacco of course Tongue

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: November 09, 2011, 02:10:22 PM »

you guys have it easy. As an older guy who grew up in the 80s/90s I can tell you it was much more difficult escaping cigarette smoke and since there were no laws yet, people could just smoke in your face and tell you to fuck off.
Nowadays almost nobody smokes around me. A couple months ago I saw a guy smoking in the street and I was amazed because it was so long since I had last seen one.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic