Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 12:00:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBrave Honey Bee (finished)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Brave Honey Bee (finished)  (Read 16559 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2008, 08:42:54 PM »

Guert once more enjoys his godly Tiger powers.

AND after playing the whole game (Hard mode included) I must say it's a fun little thing you got here. Grin The flapping mechanic feels nicer than it usually is in most games that use it (at least for me) possibly because it's a tad slower and limits the vertical speed you can build.

Difficulty curve was fairly smooth, each area was fairly unique even using the very same elements, and everything was fair (though I imagine some people would split hairs on some of the Hard mode parts, like that pixel-perfect ascend you have to do at the start of the grey area. <.<)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 10:05:43 PM by Melly » Logged

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Kaczor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2008, 10:51:28 AM »

Uh... I played it through, which I wouldn't do, if I didn't liked it. Simple graphics, simple mechanics, but all that makes it very enjoyable. The "sensitivity" ot the collision system was pretty damn cruel. I think you've used it properly to improve the difficulty level in hard mode, but still I got mad every time I died because of the wings or the sting which happened often in the hard-mode-gray-area. Thank god there isn't any overdose with the dying animation, I would probably explode if there was Tongue. The flapping sound seems kinda weird, but I love the creaky feeling I get when I hear it  Grin. The game, including the controls, is well balanced in my opinion. Nice job!

Sorry for my english.
grickmin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2008, 11:03:25 PM »

Glad you liked it. :>
gustav
Fez Nonbeliever
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2008, 11:01:06 PM »

This is pretty impressive for only 20 events! Good work Grin

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2008, 12:13:53 PM »

I beat it and I loved it! Definantly a great tribute to Physchosomnium. I FREAKIN LOVE THE MUSIC! Is there any way that can go into an mp3?

The artist formally known as "Javet."
grickmin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2008, 11:33:51 AM »

I beat it and I loved it! Definantly a great tribute to Physchosomnium. I FREAKIN LOVE THE MUSIC! Is there any way that can go into an mp3?

Glad you liked it!

The soundtrack is made by the awesome composer, Aaron Kurtz.
Here is the download-link: http://willhostforfood.com/access.php?fileid=23019
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2008, 11:15:34 AM »

Thanks!

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2008, 04:09:22 PM »

I'd love to see this expanded upon. It would be great if it had worlds like Mario, more cool music, bosses, time attack, etc.

grickmin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2008, 02:38:28 AM »

I'd love to see this expanded upon. It would be great if it had worlds like Mario, more cool music, bosses, time attack, etc.

It's possible that I maybe will do some sort of sequel or just an updated version with time attack and such. I would love to see how fast people can beat the game.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 02:41:14 AM by grickmin » Logged
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2008, 12:52:36 PM »

Cool. By worlds like Mario, I meant that the overworld map be like it, not the actual levels. But time attack will be fun.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic