Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:57:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingZombie Run v1.3
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Zombie Run v1.3  (Read 1055 times)
wilbefast
Level 1

I am the cat who walks by himself.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 23, 2010, 04:11:09 AM »

Hi there folks,

This is probably the only game I've ever made that I'm fully satisfied with. Ironically it's also the one I did the least amount of art and overall put the least amount of blood and sweat into. Keep it simple I suppose (work smarter not harder?). I'm pretty happy with it but I think I should give you fine gentle-persons a chance to tear my fragile ego to pieces, so here it is:

Zombie run is a 1-2 player game about running away from zombies, and then killing them with chainsaws. It's rather like Pacman only not. Music is by Henrik "LordHengun" R. of Youtube, as with all my recent project actually  Smiley

edit: forgot to add here too - this game requires some form of Windows (most of my GM games should work on wine too, just very badly).

<<download (indieDB)>>

<<game page (some info)>>

<<blog post (more info)>>

I'm going to be releasing the source soon because I consider this to be more or less "finished". I'd still like to get some feedback though, because I'm still making games and it's very helpful to me (just don't ask for features)!

Enjoy, and post your highscores!!!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 04:34:13 AM by wilbefast » Logged

JaJ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 07:08:30 AM »

Yes, this is fun and simple. I had 13640 points.

I think this game kind of prooves that sound is about 50% of the game experience. The music works well with the simple graphics in my opinion. I like the colors you used too.

I did kind of miss some (more atmospherical) sound effects though. Footsteps for the main character may have added something.

wilbefast
Level 1

I am the cat who walks by himself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 01:32:29 AM »

Yes, this is fun and simple. I had 13640 points.

I think this game kind of prooves that sound is about 50% of the game experience. The music works well with the simple graphics in my opinion. I like the colors you used too.

I did kind of miss some (more atmospherical) sound effects though. Footsteps for the main character may have added something.

Sound and music are the two things I can't really make myself, and it's very hard to find individual footstep sounds. You're right though: footsteps were actually one of the things I liked most about Kyntt (there were one of the only sound effects actually). It really "grounded" the character. Consider adding some to Blink too!

I shall have to play again, see if I can beat your score. Would suck to people literally beating me at my own game  Concerned

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic