Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 05:32:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWarlock's Gauntlet - fantasy top-down shooter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Warlock's Gauntlet - fantasy top-down shooter  (Read 2066 times)
Liosan
Level 2

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2010, 06:42:41 AM »

Hi there everyone,

so this is the Feedback section, so I came here to ask you for some feedback on a project we have been working on for some time now.

Warlock's Gauntlet is an Open-Source community project, created by users from gamedev.pl - a Polish game development site known as Warsztat (the workshop). It's a dynamic, top-down shooter (well, spell-caster) game, placing you - the player - in the role of a battlemage. The hero travels through maps filled with monsters, gaining experience and learning new spells. The game is similar to titles like Gauntlet or Diablo.

The game features over 12 action-packed levels which should amount to about two hours of gameplay; the player character can learn over 30 distinct spells. There is no networked multiplayer, but the game includes a hot-seat two-player mode. The game is available entirely for free - the code is open source and the assets are licensed CC.

We are looking forward to your comments - both the positive and the negative ones Smiley And, just to keep you at least vaguely interested, a screenshot:

I'm really counting on your opinions Smiley We develop the game on a feedback-driven basis, so we need you people Grin

EDIT: Ah, I knew I forgot something - the download link :D Oh, and the game is available for all 3 major platforms.

Liosan
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 12:34:04 AM by Liosan » Logged

Maunomau
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 02:45:15 AM »

I played through it a few times(once on wtf and twice on spartan diffficulty) and found it relatively fun but a rather easy or tedious and easy depending on difficulty. Does difficulty even change anything besides health of enemies?

I didn't really notice any effect from some of the passive power-ups(at least lightning damage and range had no visible effect). You can summon as many healing sprites as you want by saving and loading after summoning, not that there would be any reason to do so. Also load times seemed to go slower the longer I played.

Last boss could be at least a little stronger. Just spamming him to death is boring. Flaming hand and wandering electron spells seemed a little redundant considering both have simply better version of them next in the tree. Spell descriptions could have been more detailed with details like casting time, range and damage.
Maunomau
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 06:27:27 PM »

Actually it isn't that easy or tedious but the fact that there's nothing to really encourage moving forward besides getting bored of the enemies in the area makes it feel that way. Either rewarding fast completion of level in someway or making sticking around be more dangerous(by increasing amount and/or toughness of enemies gradually or with some nigh unbeatable enemy after the time is up) would do wonders I think.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic