Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:49:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingParty of Sin Dev
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Party of Sin Dev  (Read 2027 times)
Glass
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 25, 2010, 07:52:35 PM »

Hey ladies and gents...

We joined the TIGcommunity a while a back and you guys provided some great feedback. We now come to you guys with our FIRST GAMEPLAY VIDEO EVER  Grin

Please Note: footage is still WIP and we are aware (from previous feedback) that the voice doesn't fit with the video. Our second version of the video (due out in a week or so) will rid itself of the voice.

What do you guys think? Is the voice good? We are going for an over the top feel?

Alex
PartyOfSin.com
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 12:55:32 PM by Glass » Logged

Community Manager
Party of Sin
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 09:21:36 PM »

Is the voice good?

I like it so much!

Glass
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 04:27:07 AM »

I'm glad you dig the voice... What would you improve in the video though?

Community Manager
Party of Sin
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 04:53:09 AM »

Although the voice is nice, I think it doesn't suit well the gameplay showcase. I'd mix the voice with some nice artwork, and then when the voice is gone make the gameplay fade in together with the music.

Glass
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 06:36:50 AM »

Yah, that's the conclusion we came to as well. There just isn't a fit, the viewer doesn't get that it's supposed to be a satire but rather that it's awkward. In version two, we actually will have renders showcasing each sin really quickly and then jump to quick cuts of gameplay.

I will post the follow up video soon.

Community Manager
Party of Sin
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 07:19:45 AM »

What would you improve in the video though?

Sorry, I thought you were only interested about the voice. Regarding the video, I would change the font (you've choiced a not so original one), and I would highlight the cool features you're showing in the video (cooperation, action, ...) with some writings. However, so far the quality is very good.

starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 09:33:13 PM »

Well, the voice is ______ ____ but I _____ _____ ____ __ ____ ____ ____ ____ the footage _____. ____ _____ ____, the clip ______ is ____ ____, _ ___ _ very _____ ____ __ ____ ___ gameplay _____ __ ____, and _____ ____ _ ____ ___ __ _ trailer. You could ___ __________ ______ _________ _____ your game ____ _____ ___________ ___ _____, _______ _____ __ ____ ___________ sins ___ ____ ______ ____ _____ ___ ______ _____ ____ __ __ ____ _____ __ _ ______ _____.***

*** To unlock the content of this post, try doing something more here than just advertising your game.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 10:39:18 PM »

The video itself is good, though I agree about changing the font...one thing IN the video bugged me though, the angels seem....immobile. I think it would looks a lot cooler if they were a bit more animated, like when flying if they bobbed slightly with the flapping of their wings, and when on the ground they look like they just kinda stand there completely frozen. Hope you understand what I mean...I'm terrible at explaining things.

-Fuzzy Spider
Glass
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 04:27:59 AM »

Compared to the message left by starsrift, I understand completely. You bring a valid point, the anis for the angels aren't finished by I will be sure to present them to the team. Even the AI paths are a little too predictable when playing. This needs to be fixed as well.

We will be posting a video shortly on how our AI editor works in real time. I will post again when it's live for those who are interested.

Alex

Community Manager
Party of Sin
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 04:38:33 PM »

I like how it's looking. It seems to be some nice simple run-and-gun action fare. I personally would enjoy it if there was some kind of combo system involved, as I tend to appreciate that - where there's an extra bonus for clever play beyond just surviving.

I also think the enemies need to react physically when they get hit, rather than just flash a different colour. From this the player can't tell easily whether or not they're doing damage or just stunning it, and it would probably make the experience a bit more lively. Visually it looks lovely, but you could probably do with a bit more exaggerated animation.

Finally, the display looks a little sparse. It would be nice if the stats displays and bonuses were written in a chunkier style, just to fill things out.

I like how this is looking, and look forward to seeing it develop! :D

deemen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 06:25:42 PM »

Cool! Definitely some good constructive criticism. We did recently add a combo system, but we're still polishing it (and making the combo text style chunkier is definitely on the list).

We had flinch animations in previous versions, but it would interrupt the enemy's behaviour and made the game far too easy (they would never retaliate). We definitely need to come up with something more robust there. As it is now, certain guns (like the rifle) can cause enemies to flinch, but most guns don't.

Thanks for the feedback!
Dan

Project Lead - Programmer @ Crankshaft Games
Current Project: Party of Sin
HDSanctum
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 03:46:47 AM »

I think the voice could have worked for the video, but I would have added a more natural pause between "In the not to distant future" and "the seven deadly sins". I also would have it revoiced so there isn't a breath between "journey *breath* of".

Then I would have way over the top vocal orchestra singing ominous "ohhs" and "ahhs" (while the voice over is playing), getting louder as it leads up to the game play footage.

I think it might be nice to reduce the volume of gameplay sound effects and replace the gameplay music with a unifying song throughout the clip to give a better flow.

Looking good so far!
deemen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 10:07:30 AM »

We cut this trailer in a single day. We've got a second version coming soon which should be much more exciting (and cut by a professional, instead of me Tongue). I'm looking forward to seeing it. We'll post it here when it's out.

Project Lead - Programmer @ Crankshaft Games
Current Project: Party of Sin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic