Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 05:32:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessComposer/musician websites and e-mails
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Composer/musician websites and e-mails  (Read 1143 times)
anosou
« on: October 26, 2010, 06:24:27 AM »

I'm interested in hearing what devs are looking for in composer/musician websites and e-mails. Basically, if a composer e-mails you looking for a job (or you find their website through other means), what are you looking to find?

I've seen so many different takes on it. For example websites with only music but no credits/accolades/info, websites with very few music examples, websites that makes your eyes bleed etc. Is it okay to have a personal twitter linked on your website? Should it be personal or very professional in terms of what's written?

While I already have a decent website myself ( http://anosou.com/ ) it's always interesting to hear from the people actually looking at plenty of composer websites to get some perspective. It'll most likely help up-and-coming composers who want to get their point across too. So yeah, post your thoughts/stories or similar! Smiley

Thanks  Gentleman
bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 03:26:35 AM »

Emails aren't much use to me because the chances of one arriving just as I'm looking for music are very low. If the email has a website link in it I'll bookmark that, so it all comes back to the website content.

Main thing I'm looking for on a website is examples of work. Ideally in the form of Flash widgets where I can just click a button to listen (Quicktime isn't so good and downloads are even worse). Also, if the site has more than a few examples up I prefer it if they're sorted such that I can work out what I want to listen to.

Other than that, it's all about the music. Kiss

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic