Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411521 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:58:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralThings that Suck
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178
Print
Author Topic: Things that Suck  (Read 338793 times)
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: December 13, 2013, 08:50:09 PM »

When you've organised to visit someone, but they aren't even home.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #3501 on: December 22, 2013, 11:16:17 PM »

Farm Rich brand mozzarella sticks. Like, what the fuck.
ollie_r
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: December 23, 2013, 04:45:27 AM »

When you're new to a forum and find an interesting thread and start reading. Then you reach the bottom of the page and notice you didn't read and just looked at all the cool/funny/cute avatars.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3503 on: December 27, 2013, 01:09:01 PM »

Turns out that I can't buy anything from eshop because of eShop. Well, I suppose I don't buy then anything Nintendo.

Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #3504 on: December 27, 2013, 03:13:15 PM »

When you're new to a forum and find an interesting thread and start reading. Then you reach the bottom of the page and notice you didn't read and just looked at all the cool/funny/cute avatars.

I do that all the time.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: December 27, 2013, 06:50:47 PM »

i've got 99 problems

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3506 on: December 27, 2013, 10:59:24 PM »

Remember when everyone was crazy about Japan earthquake?
Yeah, now nobody cares about Philippines and other asian countries, they dont have animus and moe anyway.

it's really crazy. its being reported that there are cities where 95% of the buildings and structures were destroyed. for comparison, Hiroshima  had 65% of structures destroyed from a direct nuclear hit. one area had 10,000 reported dead. literally millions of people homeless and displaced. but mainstream media barely covers it and on sites like reddit it didnt interrupt the circlejerk for a second. and it's not that nobody's reporting on it, it's that *nobody else seems to care*.

I used to be a real techno-utopianist, thinking that the world connected by the Internet would become this amazing place, allowing everybody to communicate and coordinate regardless of region or country or media interests, and it would solve so many problems, etc. but it turns out that all we want to do with that is become this weird monoculture where I can laugh at gaben gifs with dudes in Iran and we can BOTH ignore people dying in 3rd world countries together. I have a friend in the Philippines right now, and all his posts are about his marvel action figure collection. weird shit man.

i don't even think the japan one was an exception. i remember when the japan thing hit there were people saying stuff like 'payback for pearl harbor!!' and so on

the east coast got two hurricanes over the last few years (one of them was hurricane sandy), in the first of them i had to evacuate for a week to my father's place and our building was flooded, in the second one we merely lost power for 10 days (in some ways the second one was worse, even though we didn't have to leave our home, because we had to go 10 days with no hot water or internet or even anything other than candlelight to read by)

i remember going on facebook after we got power back, and seeing everyone happy and snug on the west coast and not even thinking about the east coast at all, and it felt weird to be in such a miserable situation and have other people talking about the new game they just bought or whatever. but i didn't dislike them for it or anything, it just was amazing to me how i was like in this vast east coast area of devastation and nobody on the west coast (or europe, etc.) even took notice. it made me think that, like, even if half of the world suddenly disappeared forever, the other half would just keep going on fine, without much of a care for the half of the population they had just lost. which isn't necessarily a bad thing by any means, though it is a weird thing

Blambo
« Reply #3507 on: December 29, 2013, 05:01:38 PM »

...gah i'm a dollar and ninty cents in steambucks from owning spelunky. card farming time
Kinaetron
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3508 on: December 29, 2013, 05:19:54 PM »

LIFE SUCKS AND THEN YOU DIE  Evil

Life sucks and then you die.
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: January 04, 2014, 07:28:04 PM »

Learning pixel art and seeing that you can't even make a stick person  Cry

Blambo
« Reply #3510 on: January 04, 2014, 07:42:47 PM »

I recommend that you don't start by learning pixel art

A lot of good pixel art techniques come from translating normal art concepts into a low res format.
mankoon
Level 4

And that is how you get to Llama School.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3511 on: January 04, 2014, 08:03:24 PM »

Remember when everyone was crazy about Japan earthquake?
Yeah, now nobody cares about Philippines and other asian countries, they dont have animus and moe anyway.

it's really crazy. its being reported that there are cities where 95% of the buildings and structures were destroyed. for comparison, Hiroshima  had 65% of structures destroyed from a direct nuclear hit. one area had 10,000 reported dead. literally millions of people homeless and displaced. but mainstream media barely covers it and on sites like reddit it didnt interrupt the circlejerk for a second. and it's not that nobody's reporting on it, it's that *nobody else seems to care*.

I used to be a real techno-utopianist, thinking that the world connected by the Internet would become this amazing place, allowing everybody to communicate and coordinate regardless of region or country or media interests, and it would solve so many problems, etc. but it turns out that all we want to do with that is become this weird monoculture where I can laugh at gaben gifs with dudes in Iran and we can BOTH ignore people dying in 3rd world countries together. I have a friend in the Philippines right now, and all his posts are about his marvel action figure collection. weird shit man.

i don't even think the japan one was an exception. i remember when the japan thing hit there were people saying stuff like 'payback for pearl harbor!!' and so on

the east coast got two hurricanes over the last few years (one of them was hurricane sandy), in the first of them i had to evacuate for a week to my father's place and our building was flooded, in the second one we merely lost power for 10 days (in some ways the second one was worse, even though we didn't have to leave our home, because we had to go 10 days with no hot water or internet or even anything other than candlelight to read by)

i remember going on facebook after we got power back, and seeing everyone happy and snug on the west coast and not even thinking about the east coast at all, and it felt weird to be in such a miserable situation and have other people talking about the new game they just bought or whatever. but i didn't dislike them for it or anything, it just was amazing to me how i was like in this vast east coast area of devastation and nobody on the west coast (or europe, etc.) even took notice. it made me think that, like, even if half of the world suddenly disappeared forever, the other half would just keep going on fine, without much of a care for the half of the population they had just lost. which isn't necessarily a bad thing by any means, though it is a weird thing
I still feel like that because I live on that small part of new york that's on the coast. Entire blocks burned down. It's not so bad anymore but it's clear the rest of new york doesn't really care what happened to this place. It was out of the news in about 2 weeks. I went to live with my dad for a month too. I don't mind that storm , I had a blast with my dad.

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: January 04, 2014, 09:37:04 PM »

I recommend that you don't start by learning pixel art

A lot of good pixel art techniques come from translating normal art concepts into a low res format.
Thanks for the tip, what would you recommend that I start with then?

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3513 on: January 05, 2014, 06:26:31 AM »

art

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Blambo
« Reply #3514 on: January 05, 2014, 06:36:03 AM »

art
Lopiky
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: January 06, 2014, 09:36:43 AM »

learning to programm when you already learned 3d modelling, 3d animation, pixel art

5 Hours of work gone because windows 8 auto updated without telling you

having your 2 year old german shepherd jump on you

cooking spaghetti for 5 minutes but it never gets hot

Taking a bath but forgetting to get a towel

being dyslexic

Just a amateur game dev :p
Rayiner
« Reply #3516 on: January 06, 2014, 10:55:14 AM »

having only two days till holiday is gone
MrProgrammer
« Reply #3517 on: January 07, 2014, 04:50:01 PM »

Taking a bath but forgetting to get a towel

Yeah, that's the worst.

Also, taking a dump and realizing your out of toilet paper.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3518 on: January 07, 2014, 04:56:14 PM »

A Post Office worker making you look like a fool in front of a lot of people. I was having a good day, then you ruined it.

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: January 08, 2014, 04:38:23 PM »

girl texted me to come over

took taxi cuz no other means of transportation available

girl does not pick up the phone when i get there

i stand outside freezing for 30 minutes

nobody can drive me home

takes taxi back home

same taxi driver

60 bucks wasted