Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:35:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLiquid Drops - my first finished game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Liquid Drops - my first finished game  (Read 795 times)
piotrekb89
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2010, 09:53:00 AM »

Hello!
This my first finished project :D.
In my game you must manipulate "bouncers" to get color balls to color buckets.
Please write my what you think about it Smiley What is wrong and good in your opinion ?

http://www.kongregate.com/games/piotrekb89/liquid-drops
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 10:42:54 AM »

Wow, that's a lovely little design! I'm only in the first few levels so far, but I like it a lot. There's a couple of things that I think let it down at the moment. The interface is awkward, as I think there's a few too many things to click on. For example, I don't like the way you have to select objects from the toolbox and it doesn't seem to tell you what they are until you place them. Because this is what you need to do all the time, why don't you just draw the objects menu on the side of the screen and select them directly from there? It would also be nice if it was clearer what the objects were before you placed them. I'm seeing barriers so far but I assume there'll be more objects to place, judging by the help screen?

Also, I think all that information on the help screen could appear in little hint boxes which appear on the levels where you need to learn them. At the moment there's too much stuff there, but not when you actually need to learn from it.

A lovely design and I can't wait to see it expand!  Wink

Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 10:49:25 AM »

When all the balls have been shot, it should go back to edit mode if it was unsuccessful: you can probably detect this state by seeing if they're all on the floor?

I couldn't work out how to do anything without reading the instructions: that's an immediate black mark because players don't read "how to play" pages (and they shouldn't have to). This could be helped by not minimising the toolbox or even better, having a big arrow pointing to it in the first level. In-game instructions would work 100x better than your current solution.

When I found the toolbox, I had no idea what the infinity sign in the toolbox meant: I assumed it meant that I could use infinitely many bounce platforms but that was not the case.

The first level is too frustrating: it's not a good start when the absolute first level requires random placement to find a solution.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic