Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 10:12:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWargameProject
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: WargameProject  (Read 1050 times)
megas
Level 0

Lorem Ipsum!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 31, 2010, 06:53:37 PM »

Hi everybody,

Me and my friend are developing a Turn Based Strategy game, which visually resembles Warlords III, but is much more complex in it's nature. There is a short Single player campaign available that walks through the main concepts of the game. It includes fighting with computer opponents as well as some RPG elements. Please give it a try and let us know what do you think about this kind of gameplay! Any feedback will be appreciated.

Link to the site:
http://wargameproject.com/
Direct link to the game:
http://wargameproject.com:8080/wg/WargameSetup_0_7.exe

Best Regards,
Aleksei

If you can reach the sky and it is made of wood, then it is a very bad sign...
Maunomau
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 07:42:43 AM »

Ooh I remember checking this out about a year ago. Grin Looking pretty good.
Having played only the first campaign and tutorial I'd say that controls could be a little better, right-clicking unit to see stats and left clicking to see next page of stats is little weird and arranging units to anything other than automatic formation was pretty troublesome.
megas
Level 0

Lorem Ipsum!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 01:25:46 PM »

Hi Endymion and thanks for feedback!

We made an early alpha about a year ago, but there was no single player back then. Unfortunately we were not really pushing this forward as it is a hobby project for us. In the past couple of month we managed to pull ourselves together and make a major update with single player and limited AI though.

You are so right about the controls. We are so used to them, so do not even notice anymore. We are working on tooltip kind of popups that would greately simplify the info and stats system and allow to seamlessly incorporate help as well. Fixing the formation system would be a bit more complicated. Probably we need some kind of formation manager where player could create some kind of formation templates and then apply them on the stack. It is really crucial in our game to deal with the order of units in the stack as it makes a huge difference in the battle, so we have to put some searious thinking there.

Thanks again for trying it out..

I realized I can post images here, so here are a couple of screenshots.
The first one is a city manager where you can "construct" a unit selecting a weapon and armour. It all matters btw, all weapons are different...
Second is a tactical map where you move armies.
And the third is how the battle looks like. Battle is simplistic visually, but there is an option to switch on the "detailed" mode by pressing 'm' and there will a bunch of more or less human readable messages to give you the idea what is happening in the battle (A LOT Smiley).

If you can reach the sky and it is made of wood, then it is a very bad sign...
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 05:17:45 PM »

Shocked

I am drooling.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to try it out until tomorrow.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic