Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 03:17:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)want a tablet?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: want a tablet?  (Read 4983 times)
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 07:00:19 AM »

Wow, just saw the dimensions of that one and realised it's A5. I was expecting it to be tiny! That is a real bargain!

When I was buying tablets (about 4 years ago mind!) the cheaper ones had a lot of negative reviews regarding poor reliability, and were almost all A6-size.

Has this one kept working well? If so, that's really cool, because I love tablets and think everyone should get one Wink

neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 03:59:02 PM »

well, i have had it for about 4 months and it works perfectly.  of course, that's not very long, but my friend has had his for longer and it still works fine.

i'd definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone.

TomTom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 11:50:31 AM »

I have a bamboo, but never really used it because I couldn't get over how sensitive it was compared to the good ol' pencil. How long did it take for you guys to get over this obstacle?
ink.inc
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 12:03:08 PM »

I have a bamboo, but never really used it because I couldn't get over how sensitive it was compared to the good ol' pencil. How long did it take for you guys to get over this obstacle?

Tape a piece of paper over your bamboo. Works like a charm.
TomTom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 12:26:08 PM »

Wow, that's surprisingly simple Droop . thanks.
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2010, 02:45:07 PM »

Does the pad not have a sensitivity setting that you can change? There might be something in the tablet settings that would fix this.

Dri
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 05:47:00 PM »

It took me one year to be at ease with an old Volito², but I wasn't practicing very often.

I then switched to a Bamboo A6, which is fine for most uses. But after two years I finally had the need for a larger model.

I absolutely love my Intuos4 Medium, and still use the Bamboo when not at home because it can fit easily in my bag. I can't recommend enough the use of a tablet.

Sometimes I dream of a Cintiq... but it's definitely too expensive Cry
sereneworx
Level 10

What a terrific duvet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 07:28:12 PM »

The Cintiq is way overpriced. And they can get away with it because it's basically the only product of it's type on the market.

Bastards!
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2010, 08:55:53 PM »

The Cintiq is way overpriced. And they can get away with it because it's basically the only product of it's type on the market.

Bastards!

http://www.bongofish.co.uk/wacom/wacom_pt1.html

I JUST NOTICED THAT THE "QUOTE" BUTTON HAS QUOTE ON IT
WHY IN HELL DID IT TAKE ME THIS LONG TO NOTICE IT

ink.inc
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 09:23:03 PM »

It's been like that for like a year now.
sereneworx
Level 10

What a terrific duvet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2010, 09:58:39 PM »

I was somewhat hyperbolic in my last statement. The DIY Cintiq is pretty cool, but the high price point of the actual Cintiq is actually fairly justified.

It's not the tablet tech that they price for so much as the screen itself. It's an extremely high quality, colour accurate display.
Masa
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 09:46:49 AM »

I've got WACOM Volito2 (A6), and I have a bit of a problem with it. Seeing as I have two monitors, 24" and 22", this tablet is way too sensitive with it's side-to-side movement.
Is there any program which could change the 'active area' of my tablet to be my 1st monitor only, and maybe even just the middle part of the monitor (60% or so of the actual surface area)?
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 10:14:57 AM »

The wacom preferences software lets you change the active area of the tablet. You should be able to set it to only one of your monitors or a portion of one. Have a look in the preferences utility.

Masa
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 11:06:17 AM »

Thanks, got it working now!

For some reason I just dismissed "Details..." button next to Pen Mode portion of the settings, and that's where those settings were.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic