Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 12:30:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsWhat did Tigjam do for you?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What did Tigjam do for you?  (Read 1245 times)
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2010, 08:09:28 AM »

I got to meet a bunch of awesome people, check out all the cool projects people are working on, play some great Third Strike & Madhouse matches, and work on my game so by the end 4 out of 5 jammers were saying "Fun" instead of "wtf". Thank you everyone.

Your turn!

destiny is truth pre-op
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 08:49:29 AM »

I think the easier question is, what didn't TIGJam do for me?

I wrote a lengthy blog summing up my experience: http://phubans.wordpress.com/2010/11/02/tigjam-3/

Honestly, I'm hard-pressed to find a better experience I've had in life as of yet. Game are my passion and my life's dream, and it was very validating to see Madhouse go over so well with the crowd there. It was great to be around so many brilliant, creative, and like-minded people who got my references and jokes. It was refreshing, exhausting, inspiring, and overall a great experience that changed my view of life.

For the past couple years, I thought my life might be coming to an end, but as I looked up at the stars one night near the last day of TIGJam, I thought perhaps it's only beginning.

Jupiterman
Level 0

I am awesome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 11:22:15 AM »

I'm with phubans on this one: it was great simply to be with people who understood the same references I did. Even though I knew almost no one there, it sure felt like I was among friends. I loved giving out my demo CD; sharing music with people whom I knew would appreciate and understand it. I can't wait to meet up again!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic