Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 10:13:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsFreeBasic Gameplay Combo Competition
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: FreeBasic Gameplay Combo Competition  (Read 2104 times)
rszrama
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 02, 2010, 04:20:59 PM »

Not sure how many folks around here dabble in FreeBasic for game development. I'm sure it's a minority. : )

In case you don't frequent the community forums, there's a FBGD competition going on from now until January 17th with a $200 1st prize and $100 2nd prize (mostly to encourage those of us on the sidelines to dust off our keyboards and get back to coding).

Lachie does these competitions every now and then to boost the FB game development scene, with the competitions producing some very enjoyable games in the past. For more information, follow the thread in the FBGD forums:

http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=458.0

The gist of the competition is to combine two styles of gameplay into a single game, much like what Tile Massacre SHMUP did for last year's Assemblee: Part 2 competition. If we get even one game of that quality in the mix, I'd consider it a success. :D

I game as Scarvye. I blog roguelikes / indie games as a Rogue Wombat
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic