Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:32:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAzriel: Quest for the SkyHarbor
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Azriel: Quest for the SkyHarbor  (Read 1366 times)
Chaz
Level 0

What the problem is?

View Profile WWW
« on: November 02, 2010, 05:57:28 PM »

Hey, just thought I'd post up some info on Plumpman and I's new game as we near completion. As ever I'm taking care of the art and animation while Plumpman makes it all work with a language I don't understand. I think it's Spanish. Or Actionscript. I can't remember now...

It's called Azriel: Quest for the SkyHarbor (although we'll drop the sub heading when we release) and is basically an RTS with RPG elements such as experience, levels, RPG-style cutscenes etc. It's actually the first time I've ever worked on a game which has a consistent storyline from beginning to end, so I'm pretty excited to see how it will be recieved.

Storyline summary:
The game follows Azriel as he goes on his quest to retrieve the SkyHarbor gauntlet which was stolen from him by the dastardly Van Leech. The gauntlet allows you to control various aspects of the weather and as you progress through the world map you find various pieces and in turn new weather adjusting abilities to help take down his army.

Misc
I've spoke to SoS about getting a soundtrack made up and it's more than likely that we'll go ahead and employ them to make something up for us. Seeing as they have a musician in their team who done the Castle Crashers soundtrack it would seem ideal given the actual setting of the game.

The main game, minus sound, is basically done. We will spend a lot of time tweaking and balancing everything to make sure it is perfect and poses a good challenge to the player. The sound effects will take a while to compile but I tihnk once they're in it's going to be really satisfying to listen to.

Anyways I'll stop blabbing now. Thanks for reading, here's some screenshots of the game (There's no in-game shots at the moment...I want to make sure everything is finalised before showing!):

Main Menu

World Map:

Tech Tree:

Cutscene 2:

Cutscene 3:

I'll post up new screenies and developments as they happen Smiley

~Chaz

*Edit: Images fixed.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 06:09:23 AM by Chaz » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: