Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:31:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)The Mario Genome
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: The Mario Genome  (Read 84720 times)
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2010, 05:30:04 PM »

Sure. I'd be interested to find out what is going on there.

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2010, 07:55:09 PM »

I get scary things after updating wine, so I'm assuming it's wines fault, but though the functionality is still working, I only get to see the results when they decide to flash on screen once per generation. The whole thing stutters all over the place graphically.
It'd be awesome if someone else could test it with wine to check and see if it's a config error my end or wine that's at fault.

Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2010, 08:27:11 PM »

I get scary things after updating wine, so I'm assuming it's wines fault, but though the functionality is still working, I only get to see the results when they decide to flash on screen once per generation. The whole thing stutters all over the place graphically.
It'd be awesome if someone else could test it with wine to check and see if it's a config error my end or wine that's at fault.
works fine for me on WINE 1.3.0, no errors in console.  Do you have directx installed natively in WINE? that can screw up a LOT of programs and is in general a really bad thing to do. If you need it for other programs, you can make a new clean instance of wine (updating between versions any libraries like directx you manually installed will still stay) in a new folder, to not mess with your other apps, by doing WINEPREFIX="/path/to/the/new/directory/must/already/exist" wine tmg.exe

-Fuzzy Spider
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2010, 02:04:10 AM »

Or alternatively only set it to use the native .dlls for things that require them and use the same wine installation with the built in features of wine that let you do that for both. Tried it with and without directx. Both stuttering like crazy fools. It worked fine before I updated everything though, so it's very likely some issue my end.

nekosune
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2010, 12:09:11 PM »

PM'd the link, will be intresting to see what make of it to be honest o.o I suppose could have been a one in a trillion chance.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2010, 01:49:14 AM »

@nekosune: Well I've examined all my code and the source to the graphics library I use and there is no way the two texture references can get confused. The only reason I can offer is that it is happening at the OpenGL driver level, but I've never heard of anything like this ever happening before.

nekosune
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2010, 02:30:13 AM »

If it helps, from what I can make out, the number it shows for how valid, is pretty much 0, so either a freak coincidence. or it has something crossed :-S
TheTree
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2010, 08:15:04 PM »

Awesome pair of programs.

As far as the image program spontaneously copying the original image, my friend (using Vista) noticed it happened every time he minimized the application. Interestingly, when I then minimized it on my Windows 7 computer, the original image was copied over, but was upside down. All of these cases involved images larger than 256x256. Things seemed to work fine with a smaller image.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2010, 05:11:05 AM »

I swear Windows is the bane of my life. The minimise button is meant to be disabled. Although I'm not sure why when you do minimise it the texture references become messed up. Oh well, I don't have the time or the inclination to track this bug to it's source. It will have to remain a mystery SMB Question

Macunfadebo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2013, 08:45:43 PM »

I downloaded it but where is the code?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic