Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 12:06:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsLondon Gamejam in December: Everybody Draw
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: London Gamejam in December: Everybody Draw  (Read 4483 times)
KommanderKlobb
Level 0

designer, coder, co-founder of Honeyslug

View Profile WWW
« on: November 04, 2010, 09:16:53 AM »

So I'm planning another game jam like the one we had after the London World of Love.. only this time I have a theme planned..

A friend of mine is the Educational Coordinator of an Art Gallery called Cubitt. They run a project called Everybody Draw, where they go into primary schools and supervise the kids drawing for an afternoon. Each session generates about 30 large pages of material drawn by kids aged 5 to 11. There's some info here: http://cubittartists.org.uk/index.php?section=14

I'm planning to arranging a jam where the aim would be to make games using this art - ideally ones which are appropriate for collecting on a website and sending back to the school, so the kids can have a kind of christmas gift of being able to play a bunch of games made with art they drew in the previous term. We're thinking that the best stuff will be by the 5-7 year olds (both boys and girls).

I have it pencilled in for the weekend of the 4th and 5th of December - I've checked with our serviced offices here, and they can let us use the same meeting room as before, which fits 25 people comfortably, and slightly more with increasing discomfort Smiley

I guess that provided there's a reasonable amount of interest from people who are available on that date, my next move will be to set up an EventBrite page and get the team at Cubitt to start photographing/scanning this term's drawings.

klobb.posterous.com<br />www.honeyslug.com <br />www.hohokum.com<br />www.savethekahoots.com
Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 09:45:17 AM »

I can't be there as i live too far away from London, but i would like to say that this is a brilliant idea. Beer!
I know i would have loved to have seen my drawings made into a game when i was a kid!

LeFishy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 02:50:16 PM »

Man I would totally be up for this if I can scratch the cash together.
v21
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 12:59:37 AM »

Hey, I was also trying to organize a gamejam in London in the near future. But it seems you may have the edge on the Hackspace (http://london.hackspace.org.uk/) on capacity. And are slightly more advanced in your organization. So: I'm interested, let me know if you need a hand (and I know there was a lot of interest at London Indies).
Gwinnell
Level 0

A C/C++ guy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 05:41:38 AM »

Busy that weekend. I'll let know if anything changes.

Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 04:54:43 AM »

I've got nothing else marked down in my calendar for that weekend so provisionally I'm in!

KommanderKlobb
Level 0

designer, coder, co-founder of Honeyslug

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 09:23:36 AM »

Okay folks, I've created an Eventbrite page for the Jam here:

http://everybodydrawgamejam.eventbrite.com

klobb.posterous.com<br />www.honeyslug.com <br />www.hohokum.com<br />www.savethekahoots.com
brian
Level 0

WHOAAA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 10:38:01 AM »

I'll be there or i'll be square!

I'm not quite sure what being square is so I better be there.
ink.inc
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 11:06:11 AM »

it's hip to be a square
Flimgoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 01:45:49 AM »

even line upgrades between Swindon and Didcot Parkway couldn't stop me from being there...

Hrm, I'm not so good at the bravado, switch that with "wild horses" or something in your mind and pretend I'll have battled my way through a warzone or something.

(signed up!)

wilbefast
Level 1

I am the cat who walks by himself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 09:58:32 AM »

Dang - I'll be in London for Christmas but not early December  Concerned

Sounds cool though - y'all have fun  Grin

Sigz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 12:38:53 PM »

I'll be there! I'm pretty much a total noob when it comes to game development, but it still sounds like fun  Grin

increpare
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 08:57:10 AM »

I've been thinkin' about this.  THINKIN.
brian
Level 0

WHOAAA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 07:05:45 AM »

Well i'm turning out to be square for today, I woke up at least 3 times during the night being rather violently ill, I think I must've ate something odd but I have no idea what. I haven't been sick in a good 5 hours now so hopefully i'll be good for tomorrow. Hope everyone is having fun!
increpare
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 07:24:22 AM »

I'm having fun.
Flimgoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2010, 02:58:31 PM »

Was much fun Smiley

There's a list of the games made over on the Cambridge Indies site:
http://www.cambridgeindies.co.uk/events/everybody-draw-game-jam-london

Sigz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 02:47:13 AM »

Yeah, was a ton of fun. My game got completely effed in Construct though, so I couldn't complete it in time  Panda

Flimgoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 03:18:43 AM »

Shame I had to miss the second day would have been nice to put a bit more time into the animations et al./finish it off a bit better.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic