Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:37:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMayhem 2.0
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mayhem 2.0  (Read 1232 times)
KrisGames
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2010, 06:18:54 PM »

Info:
Mayhem 2.0

Welcome to Mayhem 2.0, Here you will be destroying numerous spinning objects and exploding circles. This is a fast-paced shooter game. Shoot as many enemies you can to get the high scores.

Online Highscores!

Controls:

A,W,S,D

LMB

RMB

This was suppose to be a retro shooter, but soon changed into this.

iRhymeWithRawr is so awesome he helped with the overall look of this game.

PRESS Q TO TURN GRID OFF/ON

Don't like the grid effect? You can turn it off, so don't complain.

Ok, sure, this is not the best shooter ever, but its pretty cool I guess.
Screenshots:

Play:
http://www.yoyogames.com/games/150274-mayhem-2
Or
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/shooter/mayhem-2-0/3839/
...What do you think?
RichMakeGame!
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 06:56:25 PM »

couple quick reactions:

cool game! had fun playing but, a couple minor gripes:

1- feels like I would like to increase the cursor sensitivity- not sure what it is but I kept finding my cursor wasnt quite where I thought it should have been when moving it. Is it software controlled?

2- maybe this is intentional, but not sure if it's a good idea- having a white cross shaped mouse cursor on a white grid, with other white stuff going on.. I lost my cursor very frequently. imo you really want the player's aiming device to stand out not blend in, especially if you have to use it out the corner of your eye (keep track of the ship and cursor)

3- ship health- given that this is mayhem, i never have much of a chance to look at the little grey bar in the bottom right. could this be built into the ship or cursor?

PS, i wonder if the sprites would look better with filtering turned off? they look a bit blurry- either that or slightly higher rez textures

good stuff tho Smiley

PPS, RMB is listed as a control- couldn't figure out what it does though? is it just in the menus

Bootleg TurboDrive
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=30133
testers welcome: will do playtest swap if you need yours tested, PM
www.richmakegame.com
KrisGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 07:31:40 PM »

Thanks for the feedback! I think of what your talking about for the mouse, could be the FPS, maybe if I increase that it will respond faster. About the health, I Don't think ill move it, I think ill just make it bigger/Different color.
Cursor mouse color ~ I guess I can change that to!

Thanks for the big comment! :D

EDIT: RMB is right mouse button, Its for submiting your score after dying
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 12:38:19 AM »

Fun game, well developed, compliments!
But I feel weird with controls: I use WASD to drive the ship like asteroids, it's very difficult to understand that W moves the ship up and not forward.

KrisGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 01:25:53 AM »

Thanks! I guess I could add a control scheme, Like asteroids one or normal.
tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 06:00:29 AM »

The music is annoying, and it's way too loud for this game. This struck me particularly when I first started the game.

The gameplay seems overly simplistic to me. It's just avoiding bullets, shooting enemies, and then making more enemies pop up. Sure, that's what you do in a lot of shooters, but the enemy patterns are more interesting and varied. Also, the grid effect is a bit too fast and is very Geometry-Wars-ripoff-y.

I think you should make more unique enemy patterns, slow everything down a bit (including the background), and change the music.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic